Food Best cupcake and cannoli in NYC?

Eleni's in Chelsea Market has the BEST cupcakes ever. The icing is really light and not too sweet, but you can still taste a hint of butter, and the cake is delicious and moist (even after 3 days). They're absolutely perfect!

I've tried: the plain vanilla and chocolate ones, Baxter (coconut), and the peanut butter cup and oreo ones (forget the names), Spring (lemon) and Lafayette (red velvet). They're all fabulous, but my favorites are Spring and Lafayette! I can't choose a favorite between those two, because they're so different but soooooo good!! :girlsigh:

Bcupcakespring.jpg
bredvelvet.jpg

Oh yes! how could I forget Eleni's in Chelsea Market? EXCELLENT!

For cannolis I like Veniero's or Ferrara. I have a soft spot for Ferrara since we ordered our wedding cake from them (with cannoli cream filling, of course :P)

I don't know a good place for cupcakes -- I didn't like Magnolia.

If you want to stay in the Midtown area, Buttercup Bake shop has a location at 52nd Street and 2nd avenue which is a little far East, but possibly closer than some of the downtown cupcake shops like Magnolia. I love Buttercup- they have several varieties to choose from, such as classic white or chocolate cake w/buttercream, german chocolate, lemon, etc. Have to say, I've always found that NYC cupcake shops (and I've tried several) make their chocolate cake on the dry side, but I know plenty of people who like it just fine. I'm a fan of the classic vanilla with buttercream- verrry sweet, but this is a true "New York cupcake" if you ask me. Have fun!

Yum! I love Magolia's or Billy's Bakery which is also great--old fashioned cupcakes and amazing treats. Billy's is right in midtown (a little towards the west). Another place that doesn't have my favorite cupcakes but probably does the best decorating job is the CupCake cafe which I believe is also in midtown. The only other place I can think of is Crumbs which is in the 40's near Bryant Park.:tender: