Best crossbody bag for travel

Catash

May 3, 2014
Not ready to make any purchase yet but it is good to know the pros and cons of my choices ahead of time. I am deciding among the three: Speedy-B 25 DE, Balenciaga Town (in Anthracite or another dark color) and Proenza Schouler PS1 Medium (in Midnight Blue or Violet preloved).

My considerations are price, quality, versatility and weight. A brand-new town is a bit too pricey so I may get a nearly new one from Yoogi's, Fashionphile or RDC.

Any other recommendations are welcome. I like Alexander Wang black Rockie but am still not sure if it is worth the full price (even though it is significantly cheaper than the above three...).

Agreed about nylon bags for travel: I use a fairly lightweight turquoise Tumi cross-body bag with a slim profile. I've had it for 10 years, used it on every domestic and international trip and also around town at home, and it looks as good as new. It's indestructible, rain-proof, easy to clean, with good organization. I'm not as fond of the current Tumi bags...but think any well-made nylon bag is your best investment for travel.

Reactions: platinum_babie
LV de Speedy b 25 will make a great versatile bag for travel. It holds up well in bad weather and is durable and will not show wear and tear. I am saving up for one myself. Bal Town would also be great and would not be so recognisable as a designer bag which is a good thing when travelling. I don't think you can go wrong with either. I also think that the Mark by Mark Jacobs Natasha in either nylon or leather would make a very good travel bag.

LV de Speedy b 25 will make a great versatile bag for travel. It holds up well in bad weather and is durable and will not show wear and tear. I am saving up for one myself. Bal Town would also be great and would not be so recognisable as a designer bag which is a good thing when travelling. I don't think you can go wrong with either. I also think that the Mark by Mark Jacobs Natasha in either nylon or leather would make a very good travel bag.

Leaning towards Speedy now...:graucho:

Good to know. Probably won't buy one. :noworry:

Oh haha didn't mean to completely dissuade you from getting a Rockie - it's still a nice bag (and not nearly as heavy as Rocco), but might contribute to fatigue after many hours of sightseeing :smile:

I'm spoiled by Balenciaga though - IIRC you have at least one bal too so you know how light they are :smile:

I like using my LV Bloomsbury as my crossbody travel bag. It's crossbody so it's definitely great for ease of use and travel, but it's also LV so I don't feel like I have to leave my premier bags at home when I travel. It's in the damier ebene print so I don't have to worry about getting caught in the rain and it's more low key than the monogram print.

Oh haha didn't mean to completely dissuade you from getting a Rockie - it's still a nice bag (and not nearly as heavy as Rocco), but might contribute to fatigue after many hours of sightseeing :smile:

I'm spoiled by Balenciaga though - IIRC you have at least one bal too so you know how light they are :smile:

I have two Cities and really love their light weight. In fact, I was planning on buying a new Town but their price increase in May really screwed up my plan.

I like using my LV Bloomsbury as my crossbody travel bag. It's crossbody so it's definitely great for ease of use and travel, but it's also LV so I don't feel like I have to leave my premier bags at home when I travel. It's in the damier ebene print so I don't have to worry about getting caught in the rain and it's more low key than the monogram print.

Bloomsbury is lovely, and is $100 less than Speedy 25-B! Does it look funny with a water bottle in it? The bag appears to be flat.

Bloomsbury is lovely, and is $100 less than Speedy 25-B! Does it look funny with a water bottle in it? The bag appears to be flat.

Hmm, I'm not sure if I've ever carried a water bottle in mine. I think it would be ok if you put it in the main section vertically along the side. I'll take a picture when I get home from work.

Here are some pictures of a water bottle in my Bloomsbury PM. The pictures are a front view, side view, the bottle standing up and the bottle laying across the bottom. I hope this helps!

Attachments

• 1405387613921.jpg
    1405387613921.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 2,031
  • 1405387624595.jpg
    1405387624595.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 2,009
  • 1405387634762.jpg
    1405387634762.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 2,026
  • 1405387645019.jpg
    1405387645019.jpg