Best compact wallet for Medium Chanel flap?

What will you choose?

• Chanel classic compact wallet

Votes: 23 54.8%
  • Louis Vuitton Zoe

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Louis Vuitton Victorine

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • YSl Trifold wallet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Moniqq

Sep 1, 2017
What is your best choice of wallet coz my LV Joey compact wallet does not fit along with my phone! I'm scared it might deform my flap. My wallet is 10yrs now and it's still looking great so I must say LV is really unbeatable. Would like to know also which material is better for wallets, the canvas or leather coz I only have the canvas. I actually need a wallet with coin section and card slots.

Thank you!

Great question. Like you, I have the same bag. Last year I bought the zipped coin purse from Chanel in black caviar ghw. It’s a bit small. And if you have a lot of notes, it may not be suitable. It’s more suited for those with lots of cards.

i bought the LV zippy coin purse last week, it’s much more roomy and good if you have a mix of notes and cards.

Out of the two I prefer the LV zippy coin purse. It’s slimmer and fits well the medium flap. You can’t go wrong with either. Hope that helps!

Great question. Like you, I have the same bag. Last year I bought the zipped coin purse from Chanel in black caviar ghw. It’s a bit small. And if you have a lot of notes, it may not be suitable. It’s more suited for those with lots of cards.

i bought the LV zippy coin purse last week, it’s much more roomy and good if you have a mix of notes and cards.

Out of the two I prefer the LV zippy coin purse. It’s slimmer and fits well the medium flap. You can’t go wrong with either. Hope that helps!

Thanks for sharing! I'm also checkin dior montaigne and lotus I thinks it's durable coz its goatskin. Idk I'll go to the shop and see. I'm really confused right now and I Have read many recommendations here but Still undecided. They prefer LV over other brands so idk I think I'm oooverrr LV and would like to try other brands with the same durability and usage like my lv wallet.

Reactions: sydsunshine
I just use a card case in my medium flap. I put folded bills in one back pocket and extra cards in the other back pocket. For coins, I end up dumping them in my small makeup pouch (along with my makeup and other essentials) & periodically clean out the coins.

Initially, I used my compact Prada wallet. It’s similar to the LV Zoe? (Very small bi-fold).All my items fit, but just barely. But I just got so sick of the squishing that I became a card case convert.

My mom uses a no-name wallet that is long & flat& super thin. It has card slots on the side and a center zip for cash & coins. (She always has a ton of cash & will never fold bills). There is a similar wallet online from Dior. (I haven’t examined it yet but it looks intriguing). I think Ysl has one like that, too. (But it has fewer sections and I’m not sure if it is small enough. Again, check them out in person). My mom’s is so usable because it’s not to tall, either.

Good luck & happy hunting!

Reactions: Moniqq
I just use a card case in my medium flap. I put folded bills in one back pocket and extra cards in the other back pocket. For coins, I end up dumping them in my small makeup pouch (along with my makeup and other essentials) & periodically clean out the coins.

Initially, I used my compact Prada wallet. It’s similar to the LV Zoe? (Very small bi-fold).All my items fit, but just barely. But I just got so sick of the squishing that I became a card case convert.

My mom uses a no-name wallet that is long & flat& super thin. It has card slots on the side and a center zip for cash & coins. (She always has a ton of cash & will never fold bills). There is a similar wallet online from Dior. (I haven’t examined it yet but it looks intriguing). I think Ysl has one like that, too. (But it has fewer sections and I’m not sure if it is small enough. Again, check them out in person). My mom’s is so usable because it’s not to tall, either.

Good luck & happy hunting!

Thanks for the info! I didn't realize that I will have a hard time putting things on that bag, it's too small and can only be used preferrably as an evening bag. I should have gotten the jumbo instead then but it's too big for my frame. Hope I'll find the perfect compact, even if just my wallet and iphone fits without stretchin the bagthat much then I'm happy!

Just an update guys, I opted for a Louis Vuitton Victorine wallet in Empreinte leather {BLACK} bought it in store today. I was choosin between the Monogram canvas in pink interior but my sa told me the cons about that color and advised me to buy the brown color interior with gold hardware. Perhaps they had a lot of repairs or complaints about that color especially the leather button that wears out easily. I really like the pink one but my husband agreed with my sa and was hooked to the black empreinte. I don't like the brown interior since I already have 2 wallets in brown and would like to change. I was really undecided at that time and sooo confused but then again since I trust my husband and how he chooses things I have decided to buy it. I know this kind of leather is durable but still I'm majorly worried about the scuffings that this wallet might get. About the flattenin or wearin out of the print I really don't care since it's a normal thing to happen in a leather after years of using it. If anyone of you had this kind of wallet will be happy to know the wear and tear of it.

Attachments

• 3B2CD01C-8017-4F16-B8EA-5A4C6898DB64.jpeg
    3B2CD01C-8017-4F16-B8EA-5A4C6898DB64.jpeg
    230.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 0C786F67-C9E1-4BD1-8716-9F969C541825.jpeg
    0C786F67-C9E1-4BD1-8716-9F969C541825.jpeg
    295.6 KB · Views: 54
Just an update guys, I opted for a Louis Vuitton Victorine wallet in Empreinte leather {BLACK} bought it in store today. I was choosin between the Monogram canvas in pink interior but my sa told me the cons about that color and advised me to buy the brown color interior with gold hardware. Perhaps they had a lot of repairs or complaints about that color especially the leather button that wears out easily. I really like the pink one but my husband agreed with my sa and was hooked to the black empreinte. I don't like the brown interior since I already have 2 wallets in brown and would like to change. I was really undecided at that time and sooo confused but then again since I trust my husband and how he chooses things I have decided to buy it. I know this kind of leather is durable but still I'm majorly worried about the scuffings that this wallet might get. About the flattenin or wearin out of the print I really don't care since it's a normal thing to happen in a leather after years of using it. If anyone of you had this kind of wallet will be happy to know the wear and tear of it.
I have the monogram canvas with pink interior...I haven't noticed any issues with it (I've owned it for about a year) and it's surprisingly roomy!

I am thinking about this wallet as well and would love to know how you’ve liked it! Thx!

OP, I don't know if you are new to Empreinte leather, but I have two full-sized Emp wallets from LV and they have worn extraordinarily well. I think you will be pleased. I voted compact CC wallet because that is what I use in my small flap, and it coordinates, but I think LV makes the best slgs. :smile: