Best compact digital camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently using a Sony T70 and love it, it is small, light and the LCD screen is a great size. I take a lot of macro shots and it handles these shots well plus I love the face recognition feature. Previously I used a Canon and an Olympus but I think the Sony is much much better.

I have the Sony and I really love it (probably mostly because it's pink... hehe)
but anyway most of my friends have the Canon and they've had it for YEARS and they still work really well!

hahaha
im still contemplating between those two.. sometimes the picture quality looks good on their lcds but diff on computers

Absolute true.

I think Canon has the best image stabilization out there.

From my experience with cameras from just about every manufacturer you can't beat the image quality on a Canon.

Hi! So glad to find this thread. I need to upgrade my camera.

Question - I have a REALLY old Digital Elph, the S400. It has JUST died after maybe 6 or 7 years (another reason the Elph is so great). Does anyone know whether the elphs still use the same memory cards as the old ones?

I was thinking I might try a new type of camera but after reading here I remembered why I like the elph so much and am off to buy another one!

Hi! So glad to find this thread. I need to upgrade my camera.

Question - I have a REALLY old Digital Elph, the S400. It has JUST died after maybe 6 or 7 years (another reason the Elph is so great). Does anyone know whether the elphs still use the same memory cards as the old ones?

I was thinking I might try a new type of camera but after reading here I remembered why I like the elph so much and am off to buy another one!

Yes, they use a standard SD card, as most cameras so.

My old one was the sd 400, new one sd1000..same battery, case, etc.

My 400 is still working...just headed to college with my son.

since everyone else has said canon, I thought I too would let you know how much I LOVE my canon powershot SD1000 dig. Elph I love that you can tilt the camera to see images in long or short and I love the big screen on it! It was a great gift I everyone who checks it out loves it!

I'm so excited that I found this thread!! I am so frustrated with my Kodak Easy Share. I need to be able to take some extreme closeup pictures :coolpics: for tPF, so I really appreciate the advise here. And since my handbag keeps getting heavier and heavier (my rainbow keeps growing), I love the idea of a tiny camera! I'm off to Costco for a Canon SD870IS!!

:tpfrox:

Status
Not open for further replies.