Best Clothes For Travel?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hey ladies.

I don't usually post in this section but I am just looking for a little advice. My mom and I are going to by driving to my grandparent's house and it is about an 8 hour drive. Just wondering what everyone would suggest to wear? I have done this drive many times, but usually just wear jeans. I want to be comfortable (maybe sweatpants?) but also look half decent. The weather is going to be about 20 degrees celsius, so not too hot.

Thanks everyone!

2. my standard travel outfit is usually something like this:

slim bootcut jeans
    sleeveless top in a stretchy fabric
    long sleeved cardigan or hoodie, again in a stretchy fabric
    leather jacket
    whichever pair of shoes takes up the most luggage space

3. I always wear:

black Hard Tail yoga pants
    comfy t-shirt
    hoodie
    flats or flip flops

When you're crammed into a plane for hours, the nicest thing you can do for yourself is be very, very comfy!

I watched a video where a lady from a fashion blog asked Anna Dello Russo what her favorite travel gear was and if it was something absolutely fabulous and she said she always travels in her Abercrombie and Fitch sweats!

4. i think you can do leggings w/ a top that covers your bottom...and wear pair of boots.

5. I always wear a loose cotton dress with a belt, ballet flats, and a cardigan. When I'm in the car, I take off the belt.

6. I would go with jeans and layers (a tank top, a longsleeve, a light sweater and a hoodie). You can always easily change your clothes depending whether you're hot or cold!

7. ^ this, or a maxi dress with a cardigan and flats

8. I travel a lot and have started out with jeans to realize that the most comfortable think is a nice Tunique/dress worn over a pair of leggins, depending on weather add ballet flats or boots. It's can be a very versatila outfit, comfy and elegant at the same time.

9. ^ what catcat says. Dress and leggings with flats are super comfy and elegant. Add a cardi if it gets chilly at night.

10. If you are driving for 8hrs in a car, than wear a pair of pants with some stretch or leggings. Pair that with a tank top or sleeveless top (to avoid that farmer's tan) and a cardigan. For foot wear, wear flats or something with a low heel for ease of driving.

I also have a light scarf on hand to support my neck when I'm not doing the driving or to provide some back support.

11. For sure leggings, tank top or hoodie with ankle boots or flats. I always wear leggings when travelling because anything with a heavy seam is just uncomfortable.

12. Oops, I only read the title and replied. I thought you were flying. :blush: That's what I get for posting from my phone.
    Answer still applies however, minus the plane ref. :lol:

13. I can't handle driving well/sitting in one spot too long so I personally would wear a cute dress (maybe silk) and tights, with flats. If I were able to change, I would probably wear yoga pants. Jeans are very uncomfortable sitting for 8 hours.

14. It really depends on your comfort level and your style of dressing. In general, I opt for wrinkle-free/stretchable fabrics and loose-fitting clothes.

Personally, I hate wearing jeans when traveling as I find the material constricting and not flexible enough. I also don't wear track suits/yoga pants, plastic flip flops nor tennis shoes as it's not my style. I find dresses, skirts, as well as tunics/long tops with leggings, the most comfortable to wear. I pair them with ballerinas, flat boots or low-heeled shoes.

15. I'd go with a dress, sweatpants, yoga pants, or leggings and for the latter 3 a comfortable top ... and maybe an optional sweater/jacket just in case.

As for shoes, maybe tennis or flats?

I personally don't care what I look like during car rides - my comfort is ALL that matters if I'm going to be in a car for over 3 hours.