Best choice for a key holder?

sarahsar

O.G.
Sep 1, 2007
I think I want to get some type of key holder/cles because I don't want my keys to scratch other things in my purse. A 4 key holder is probably not going to work for me, so I think I'm going to need some type of cles or pochette cles. I have a vernis pochette cles in the newer style, which is a little bigger than the old style, but it's not big enough. I have 4 keys, but also a little remote thing to unlock my car and a small key code/generator thing for work. When I try all that on the vernis cles, it's too tight of a fit. The vernis just doesn't have much give. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about something that might be a little bigger, or if anyone has any pics of what they can fit in their cles, if anyone actually uses them for keys! (I will also look around in the Clubhouse).

I use the vernis 4 key holder and have 6 keys on it plus my huge car key and key fob remote. I just leave the car key and key fob hanging out. I have it in pomme and it's gorgeous. You can put two or three regular sized keys on each ring. Then if you leave the big car key and remote out - it's still gorgeous vernis in bright color - and holds a tremendous amount. I love mine.

I use the vernis 4 key holder and have 6 keys on it plus my huge car key and key fob remote. I just leave the car key and key fob hanging out. I have it in pomme and it's gorgeous. You can put two or three regular sized keys on each ring. Then if you leave the big car key and remote out - it's still gorgeous vernis in bright color - and holds a tremendous amount. I love mine.

Same here, I have the Pomme key holder and love it. Granted I only keep two keys on it but I don't see why you can't make it work like charleston-mom with additional keys. The Pomme is the perfect color because you can find it anywhere in your bag not to mention the color is just beautiful.

I didn't realize you could put more than one key on a ring - that might work. Although I really don't want any keys hanging out because of scratching issues. I will have to look into that.

My car key and fob have hung out for over 2 years. No scratches.

That's good to know. I'm actually more worried about my keys scratching other things in my bag. I'm getting an iPad and it will have a case, but the case doesn't seal off (it's open in places), so it's possible when things shift around in my bag the keys could scratch the screen. That's why I decided I probably need something to put my keys in.

Like many other things in my life, somehow one expenditure turns into something else I need to get. My Apple and LV love are getting me in trouble!

That's good to know. I'm actually more worried about my keys scratching other things in my bag. I'm getting an iPad and it will have a case, but the case doesn't seal off (it's open in places), so it's possible when things shift around in my bag the keys could scratch the screen. That's why I decided I probably need something to put my keys in.

Like many other things in my life, somehow one expenditure turns into something else I need to get. My Apple and LV love are getting me in trouble!

Get screen protectors for your Ipad. I keep screen protectors on my Ipod and Blackberry Storm. They are MUST HAVES ;)

Get screen protectors for your Ipad. I keep screen protectors on my Ipod and Blackberry Storm. They are MUST HAVES ;)

I have a screen protector on my iPhone and have never had issues with key scratches in my purse, but the thought of trying to get a screen protector on a screen as big as the iPad's correctly, without bubbles and dust - well, getting a key holder seems easier! Possibly even cheaper, after I've screwed up a couple of screen protectors, which won't be cheap in that size.

With my phone, though, it's usually in a pocket, in a mini-pochette, or in some other way separate from the keys. It's rarely right in the main part of the purse with my keys.

(Also, as a sidenote, Apple stopped selling screen protectors for the iPhone on their website. You can still get them for older devices. Not sure why that is - my guess is they want you to think the oleophobic screen of the iPhone 3GS and iPad is enough without a screen protector, which it may be. I use the screen protectors as much for fingerprints as anything else.)

Let me share my two cents.

I would like to echo Charleston-mom and AAdams comment about 4-key holders. I have a white MC 4-key holder. I've had it for 3 years and still look really nice.

IMHO, 4-key holder is the best size. It fits in my tiny crossbody bag and clutch. Also, when driving, it doesn't dangle so low that it hits my knee (quite annoying when you're driving, I'd imagine). I have a large car key with car remote, 4 keys, and 4 grocery store frequent shopper cards. I use the one loop for all my shopper cards, one for the car key/remote, the other two I just put two keys in each loop. I let my car key and remote dangle out and the rest fits in quite nicely. HTH.