Best Chanel wallet?

diva7633

O.G.
Jul 7, 2007
I'm looking at getting my first Chanel piece. It will be a wallet. One I am eyeing is a purple yen boy wallet but it's lamb skin. Most of my bags have dark linings. Will the wallet get transfer badly? What about a black quilted calfskin? If I buy a Chanel wallet I plan on using it everyday. Thanks for any help. FYI I am buying pre loved off of fashionphile or Ann's most likely.

color transfer on a dark wallet used in dark linings won't be much of an issue ; even if it happens, you wouldn't see it. i bought a pre-loved bright red lamb wallet from fashionphile a few years ago and it has held up beautifully in both light and dark bags. no wear, no corner issues or color transfer. as long as it's a darker purple and not a light mauve/lavender or something i think you'd be ok. my opinion! and i think it's brilliant to get a pre-loved wallet as your first piece, smart decision!:cool:

Reactions: diva7633
color transfer on a dark wallet used in dark linings won't be much of an issue ; even if it happens, you wouldn't see it. i bought a pre-loved bright red lamb wallet from fashionphile a few years ago and it has held up beautifully in both light and dark bags. no wear, no corner issues or color transfer. as long as it's a darker purple and not a light mauve/lavender or something i think you'd be ok. my opinion! and i think it's brilliant to get a pre-loved wallet as your first piece, smart decision!:cool:

I have a black quilted zip around and use it daily. Pretty durable too!

Here are the three I think I'm deciding between.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    831.1 KB · Views: 989
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 910
  • image.png
    image.png
    838.6 KB · Views: 1,040
those all look good. i agree w/the other poster that a zip around is a good choice, or something with a zip. just my experience, but i previously had one like that cambon, with a flap side closure, and the flap gets creased very fast b/c you need access that compartment a lot. it wasn't something i liked, but others might not mind. just something to keep in mind when making a choice. and fashionphile has great stuff, i am like a weekly customer, lol:biggrin:

Reactions: diva7633
those all look good. i agree w/the other poster that a zip around is a good choice, or something with a zip. just my experience, but i previously had one like that cambon, with a flap side closure, and the flap gets creased very fast b/c you need access that compartment a lot. it wasn't something i liked, but others might not mind. just something to keep in mind when making a choice. and fashionphile has great stuff, i am like a weekly customer, lol:biggrin:

I love them too. I just got a Givenchy from them and am in love. I don't like the Givenchy wallets they have right now but really want a Chanel this was a zip around I was looking at

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    807.2 KB · Views: 943
Reactions: ccbaggirl89
that's cute, i saw that one a few days ago. i *think* it's from 2009 spring valentine's collection b/c of the charms on the side.

ugh.. can't figure out how to quote yet on the new site!

that's cute, i saw that one a few days ago. i *think* it's from 2009 spring valentine's collection b/c of the charms on the side.

ugh.. can't figure out how to quote yet on the new site!

Should I not get it since it was special collection? Since you know the site what would your u get as a first? I don't want to pay like $800. I think the choices I have are all $425-700

Thanks

Last edited:
Should I not get it since it was special collection? Since you know the site what would your u get as a first? I don't want to pay like $800. I think the choices I have are all $425-700

Thanks
oh gosh, no.. it's cute! i hope others chime in, too... i think we're all still navigating the new site, which is why you haven't had other opinions!

oh gosh, no.. it's cute! i hope others chime in, too... i think we're all still navigating the new site, which is why you haven't had other opinions!

Ok. I'm going to bug you one more time. These are my top 3. Which should I get?

https://www.fashionphile.com/chanel-lambskin-quilted-large-gusset-flap-wallet-black-122497

https://www.fashionphile.com/chanel-glazed-calfskin-quilted-reissue-zip-around-wallet-black-101377

https://www.fashionphile.com/chanel-lambskin-quilted-boy-yen-wallet-purple-112817

hmm... probably the black large one, but only b/c it has less wear. the reissue has no box and card and at least the others do. the purple is nice, but if you look at picture 2 and 4 the backside edge and corners have wear. i didn't see that on the longer black one. have you looked at yoogiscloset? they are another reputable seller with many chanel items

hmm... probably the black large one, but only b/c it has less wear. the reissue has no box and card and at least the others do. the purple is nice, but if you look at picture 2 and 4 the backside edge and corners have wear. i didn't see that on the longer black one. have you looked at yoogiscloset? they are another reputable seller with many chanel items

Thanks. Yes I have. I like that fashionphile has layaway. Lol. I just bought my Givenchy so like that I can have 60 days to pay off

Reactions: ccbaggirl89

Do you think it's a decent deal or should I wait?