Best Chanel for Travel?

habanerita

O.G.
May 1, 2006
Need a new Chanel Travel Bag............
Opinions Needed for a light weight good Chanel travel bag.

Not in the list :Gst, Biarritz, Expandable Flap, Jumbo, Cerf, Camera Bag. Already have these but looking for more of a Tote. Have Wocs that would go on trip also.

Is there anything from the New Seasons that would make an awesome travel bag.......Have seen the Non-Leather Cocoon, might be a consideration but afraid of the non leather on it.
Would love to see your choices.

hi C! i know you said tote, but when i read "travel", i instantly thought of 2... the Nature flap and easy 2.55 (either tweed or leather)...

obviously, i prefer bags that can be worn messenger-style for the hands-free advantage. w/ purse slung across, both hands can lug a trolley or hand-carry, and hold a kid w/ the other. w/ totes, i find that its not exactly hands-free coz you'll still need 1 hand to support the strap and make sure it stays in place, or stop from time to time to re-adjust... lastly, and most especially, when in an airport w/ attractive DF shops, i tend to be late for boarding, that i have to run run to the gate! :sweatdrop:

Last edited:
You must be the other person running down to the gate everytime I am late for boarding.......lol.....great input re messengers, hands free is great.....going to look at those right now, have been out of the loop lately.....Thank you.........

hi C! i know you said tote, but when i read "travel", i instantly thought of 2... the Nature flap and easy 2.55 (either tweed or leather)...

obviously, i prefer bags that can be worn messenger-style for the hands-free advantage. w/ purse slung across, both hands can lug a trolley or hand-carry, and hold a kid w/ the other. w/ totes, i find that its not exactly hands-free coz you'll still need 1 hand to support the strap and make sure it stays in place from time to time... lastly, and most especially, when in an airport w/ attractive DF shops, i tend to be late for boarding, that i have to run run to the gate! :sweatdrop:

hey C, how about a portobello? Saw one over the weekend and I was so tempted to get it for a coming trip! It closes completely so you don't have to worry about stuff falling out and I think even the smaller squarish version is quite roomy. They've got a black and greyish-beige combination out now that should go well with most outfits. :smile:

I totally agree with C! A messenger bag would be best! Which one I have noooo idea! I usually use my Gerard Darels for travel as they are very hardy!

I agree with purse-nality, to travel, messenger bag is the best imho. i love nylon messenger, which prada makes great nylon tote.. ( i know this is chanel forum :P) I travelled once with gst and it did not work. ;( the bag got heavy when filled up. and hurt my shoulder. Jumbo is okay, but little too small for my needs. I carried my reissue camera tote and so far i love it best. :P
( besides those bags, i always bring my woc along )

LOL! that's meeh! w/ a messenger, shopping bags and ds in tow! oh what my poor kid has to put up w/! :lolots:

For travel, I usually just grap a no brand big backpack + a WOC. not so stylist but I can carry a lot for a whole day without any shoulder pain or back pain! I cannot think of any Chanel bag having the same practicality.

wocs are great to be used like that. i did that for school sometimes too! but with my mini portobello :smile:

For travel, I usually just grap a no brand big backpack + a WOC. not so stylist but I can carry a lot for a whole day without any shoulder pain or back pain! I cannot think of any Chanel bag having the same practicality.

Need a new Chanel Travel Bag............
Opinions Needed for a light weight good Chanel travel bag.

Not in the list :Gst, Biarritz, Expandable Flap, Jumbo, Cerf, Camera Bag. Already have these but looking for more of a Tote. Have Wocs that would go on trip also.

Is there anything from the New Seasons that would make an awesome travel bag.......Have seen the Non-Leather Cocoon, might be a consideration but afraid of the non leather on it.
Would love to see your choices.

C... I actually like the cocoon bags for travel. Looks chic and lightweight? This is for that ski trip yes? :P