Best celebrity quotes from the Academy Awards!

James Cameron, Best Director (Titanic) 1997 - It's bad enough that the vastly overrated Titanic won Best Picture, but what really rubbed salt into the open wound of those indifferent to the movie was director James Cameron's acceptance speech. Let's just say that he wasn't exactly reticent about his win: "I'm king of the world! Wh-hoooooo!" he ever-so-humbly declared. One of the best examples of shameless egomania ever exhibited on Oscar night.

Hilary Swank, Best Actress (Million Dollar Baby) 2004 - The two-time Oscar winner is a talented actress, but she has zero charisma and her acceptance speeches are woeful. Accepting for Million Dollar Baby she stated: "I don't know what I did in this life to deserve all of this. I'm just a girl from a trailer park who had a dream." Oh puh-leeeeeez! Cornier than a lorry full of Green Giant canned niblets.

Julia Roberts, Best Actress (Erin Brockovich) 2000 - At least we were warned: "I'm going to spend some time up here," Julia promised. For four minutes, we were treated to a great deal of gushing as she thanked everyone she'd ever met in her life, shouting "I love it up here!" Not even the cueing up of the exit music could stop her; she simply waved it away. "Thank you, thank you ever so much! I'm so happy! I love the world! I'm so happy! Thank you!"