Best camera to take pet pics?

Couturegrl

Addicted to Tiffany's
O.G.
Apr 24, 2006
Hey! EVERYTIME I take a pic of my Chis, Carmen's eyes (which are greenish IRL) turn out RED and Bentley's eyes (which are medium brown IRL) turn out BLUE!

PLUS I don't feel like the pics capture any 'detail' of them...so I would LOVE to hear camera recommendations from the animal-loving TPFers!!! I want to get vivid, beautiful pics of my puppers (and my horse, Sunny, too...but he generally photographs a lot better than my dogs!):P

Thanks so much!:heart:

You can avoid some scary eye colors by not taking photos where they are looking directly into the camera when you are using flash. WHITE is the color you do NOT want them to be!! This means they probably have cataracts and eye problems :crybaby:

You'll need something with a fast shutter speed if they typically don't stay still - but this is something that can be highly controlled by DSLRs, which tend to be pretty expensive... but not as much as some handbags we buy!! :roflmfao:

I use my Kodak EasyShare usually in the action mode because they are always moving and if their eyes are miscolored I will correct it with Kodak's software.

Good luck and have fun taking pics of your furbabies!

I have the same problem with my point and shoot, it's a sony cyber shot. It was also on the more expensive end of point and shoots. However I also have a digital SLR camera that takes magnificant pictures of the pups and yes there is a sizeable price increase. Also it involves learning a little bit about photography. I have not come across any digital P&S that do a good job. The only other option is to take the pics when it's bright out with NO flash.