Best brand of makeup?

tresjoliex

balenciaga lover
May 1, 2008
So I rarely wear makeup and I think I pretty much suck at it, but I wanted to know which brand do you think has the best makeup??

Chanel, Nars, Mac.....etc.

Thanks.

(price is really not a factor)

Wow...that's a tough one to narrow down esp for me because I have no loyalty! And not all brands are super hot in all their products.

I love MAC - their e/s, lipstick/glosses, mascaras, brushes. But their foundations are awful. JMHO.

I don't see a lot of negative posts about any chanel products (except the price - ?) so maybe they are a contender for Best All Around (in the Olympic spirit, LOL).

Depends on specialty IMHO:

MAC--whole line, but best at lippies, eyeshadows, and blushes (especially 'trendier' colors)
Laura Mercier--Foundations, concealers
Dior/Chanel (Tie)--Lipglosses, Eyeshadows, Mascara

So I rarely wear makeup and I think I pretty much suck at it, but I wanted to know which brand do you think has the best makeup??

Chanel, Nars, Mac.....etc.

Thanks.

(price is really not a factor)

It's hard to say which brand of make up is really "the best". What's best for you may not be the best for somebody else because they have a different skin or their needs are different so they are looking for a different criteria in make up. I,personally, don't have a favorite brand. I have favorite things in every brand that I love. Chanel for example - I love their eyeshadows, but after trying and buying numerous lipsticks from Chanel I discovered I don't like their lipsticks. Dior for example makes my favorite foundation and I haven't been anything that great in any brand. I love love Dior's listicks, shadows and mascaras, but I hate Dior's blushes as they always make me break out like a HS kid. Bobbi brown I love the majority of things made by this brand but their mascara is a bit too blah for me, so I had to look for mascara somewhere else and found great volumizing mascara amongst YSL and MAC.

Overall, you see that there is not best brand at least for me - It's a combination of products from multiple brands that best suit my needs.

Chanel

But I'm only using their fragrances, lipsticks and lip glosses nowadays because I've switched to dry mineral foundation. I used to have their e/s compacts but the newer colors don't really appeal to me.