best boutiques in Atlanta?

because time is a premium for me, i do most of my shopping online. (towing little ones for a shopping trip is less than an enjoyable experience usually!) as a result, i'm pretty clueless about my own city when it comes to great little boutiques.

are there any recommendations for shops in ATL that i should definitely check out?

thanks!

honestly, i really don't shop the little boutiques. first, i can find all the smaller designer brands i love online - usually with a coupon code & no sales tax - and second, i don't have the time to go around all these little places. when i want to go out shopping, i go to lenox or phipps - i love all my SAs at barney's co-op & nordstrom. and sorry to say, i've always run into snotty SAs at smaller boutiques, namely at blue genes, but they're gone now anyway...

i just can't justify shopping offline much anymore - i can ALWAYS find what i'm looking for online for a discount...

I do most all my shopping at Phipps(Jeffrey, Oilily, Ann Fontaine, Saks, or Nordies) or online. If I can't find it there and find I must venture over to NM, then I do so with great reluctance as 90% of the SAs there are snarky and tedious, IME!

lulu, thanks for the suggestions for children's clothes! i'll have to swing by on my next trip to Atlantic Station!

gretchen: as a follower of your blog/sites -- i know how savvy you are with online shopping. you have pointed me towards more deals that anyone else i follow!! i didn't realize you were local! fabulous!

authentic: i'm so glad it's not just me! the SAs at NM have always seemed put out when i've interacted with them. i don't go in there often, so i figured it was because i'm not one of their regulars. when i worked retail, that was the opposite of my approach so i'm somewhat stumped when that's someone's work philosophy... ;)

i'm with all of you: mostly, i do online browsing/shopping. on a rare occassion, something will speak to me in those boutiques in the Highlands, though... ;)

@authenticplease - it's funny, i always had good luck with SA's at neimans, but haven't shopped there in forever. i love the SA's at bob ellis, and my FAVORITE SA's EVER in the WHOLE WORLD are at barney's co-op - although many have left :sad:

when i lived in VaHi, i shopped at Mitzi & romanos, but always found the sa's there to be snotty, they had good sales though.

i've never had a snotty SA online LOLOL :biggrin: so i'll keep shopping that way for most of my stuff