Best boutique for hot stamping DC/VA?

VT/GT

Jan 29, 2007
Hello! I'm thinking about getting my wallet hot stamped but I'm a little nervous. I've seen some beautiful hot stamping pictures here, but also read some unfortunate experiences with crooked letters, impressions on the other side, etc. The item I'm considering is a black epi wallet, and I'd like a single letter in gold (I think). The wallet is an older style when the epi line was still done with gold toned hardware, so if there if the hot stamping goes horribly wrong there's no way to replace the item, at least not from the boutique.

So...What LV store would you recommend I get this done in the DC/VA area? Are there any stores known for their awesome hot stamping? Having it done well is absolutely most important, but it would also be nice if it could be done same day while I shop. I live in DC but can get out to Tysons or other stores in the metro area.

Any recommendations on the best place to go? Or should I just forget about the stamping as it's too risky on an older piece that's not easily replaceable?

I would love to get anyone's thoughts, opinions, or experiences!

Jul 3, 2006
I don't think I would do it on an older piece that isn't replaceable. People are human and you could end up heartbroken. I wouldn't do it. If I did, I'd probably go for three letters. I'm not fond of just one, but that's just me. To me, a hotstamp is more like a monogram (2 or 3 letters). I suppose you'd have less risk with just one, but epi leather is very porous. Especially old epi. I really think it'd leave it be. Maybe buy a 4 key holder and have it heatstamped?

VT/GT

Jan 29, 2007
I don't think I would do it on an older piece that isn't replaceable. People are human and you could end up heartbroken. I wouldn't do it. If I did, I'd probably go for three letters. I'm not fond of just one, but that's just me. To me, a hotstamp is more like a monogram (2 or 3 letters). I suppose you'd have less risk with just one, but epi leather is very porous. Especially old epi. I really think it'd leave it be. Maybe buy a 4 key holder and have it heatstamped?
I think you're probably right--not worth the risk. Thanks for posting!