Best Black Leather Bag?

chandra920

Feb 17, 2016
The past few years, I have been transitioning to more subtle designer bags. I think I’m going to sell my last monogram bag, a Retiro NM, and replace it with something in all leather. I have a bandouliere in black/monogram I can always use to add a little touch of monogram to something. I’m looking for new or preloved, no particular budget, but must have an option for a shoulder strap. Any suggestions? I was set on an epi Alma, but now I’m thinking maybe something more pliable. A capucines maybe? What do people love?

Reactions: FrancisT
I just got the neonoe in black épi. I’d been admiring it for awhile and finally took the plunge. It’s so lightweight and roomy. There’s also 5 ways to wear it because it comes with 2 different straps. I recommend you check it out and see if it’s your style.

LV Capucines are good but i feel like they miss that thing handmade leather bags have. A friend of mine owned a LV bag and when i showed him my handmade bag from www.oldangler.com he was shocked. Instead of buying more industrial leather bags i'd recommend something more traditional ( depends on the tastes of course ). I bought mine in Italy and i'm in love with it.
Francis

Last edited:
Loving a vintage Petite Now in black Epi! It is from 1988 and the quality is amazing. It comes with an adjustable shoulder strap but I am using it with a short hand held strap and a longer strap for crossbody.