Best Bikini Brands?

cakegirl

O.G.
Jan 3, 2008
I usually just order a J Crew string bikini in a new color when I need a swimsuit. I know how they fit and can order without trying them on. The fit is fine but not great. This year I would like to find something I really love, and maybe some separates or cool patterns I can mix and match. I've looked online at Eberjey, Vitamin A, Vix, Eres ...so many. There aren't good stores locally so I will probably have to order. Which brands are your favorite and why? Is Eres worth the money/hype?

I'm usually not a Victoria's Secret person but I do love their swimsuits. The tops are always particularly flattering since many styles can be ordered by bra size instead of generic S/M/L. My fav bottoms are Patagonia. They fit like a dream and you can even take them on more high impact adventures like surfing without worrying that they'll fall off. Like my old Target bikini bottoms did the last time I went to Costa Rica (embarrassing)

I'm usually not a Victoria's Secret person but I do love their swimsuits. The tops are always particularly flattering since many styles can be ordered by bra size instead of generic S/M/L. My fav bottoms are Patagonia. They fit like a dream and you can even take them on more high impact adventures like surfing without worrying that they'll fall off. Like my old Target bikini bottoms did the last time I went to Costa Rica (embarrassing)
I agree. Victoria Secret clothing not so great for me but their swimsuit are the best. First off I like being able to order a different size top than bottom. There are so many beautiful styles. I have gotten so many compliments on my VS suits.

I will have to look into some of those. I bought at VS in the past but now almost every company sells bikinis as separates so I hadn't really thought about it. I am a L top and XS bottom so I always get the separates!
I don't like really bright colors, so sometimes its hard to find what I like. I ordered an Eberjey to try because I like their pj's and bras and their prints are nice.

Any thought on Vitamin A vs. Eres? I like their simple solid bikinis in the pictures I've seen.

Do you know Women's secret and Oysho? These two are very common and popular in Spain where I am based. I have items from both labels and I am wearing two years in a row. Granted I don't do sports in them though.

Do you know Women's secret and Oysho? These two are very common and popular in Spain where I am based. I have items from both labels and I am wearing two years in a row. Granted I don't do sports in them though.

Looks like neither of them are available in the US:sad: I will be in Italy this summer, I may have to look when I am there.
I paddle around the sea/pool a bit, but I don't really do sports in mine either!

IMO Eres is worth the money, probably the only swimwear I would spend decent money on. Gottex is pretty good quality wise too, but different aesthetic, more deluxe boho. It's a very established company and their customers are very loyal http://www.gottexmodels.com/en/collections/cruise-2014/campaign

I'd love to try Eres but would probably need to buy online. According to NAP, their stuff runs small, so if I usually wear FR 36 or 38, would I go for a FR 40? Do you have any general advice on their sizing? TIA

I'd love to try Eres but would probably need to buy online. According to NAP, their stuff runs small, so if I usually wear FR 36 or 38, would I go for a FR 40? Do you have any general advice on their sizing? TIA

I would like sizing info too-I have to order online. Just looked at there website and the closest place to me is 5 hours away.

Yup, I think one size up but I've never bought a swimsuit without trying it on

Last edited:
I think it's OK if you know your size, any figure idiosyncrasies and the brand but if there's one particular bikini/swimsuit you want best to order 2 or 3 sizes on your CC, keep the one that fits and then send any that don't back for a refund before your CC bill comes in ;)

I think it's OK if you know your size, any figure idiosyncrasies and the brand but if there's one particular bikini/swimsuit you want best to order 2 or 3 sizes on your CC, keep the one that fits and then send any that don't back for a refund before your CC bill comes in ;)

Yes, if only I were in the US, I'd order a bunch of sizes and return the rest. But being in Canada, I don't want to deal with international returns/fees and customs. I did see two Canadian boutiques listed on the Eres website and might call to see if they ship out of province but that doesn't solve the issue of sizing. Ah well, Eres will be on my shopping list next time I take a trip to the US or Europe!

I wish the OP luck in finding her bikini and hope she reports back.