Best Beauty Gifts 2010

Lilacgal

O.G.
Aug 27, 2009
I love the gift of beauty, it makes me deliriously happy to receive or gift my friends and family during the holidays. With so many palettes, kits and value sets to choose from, what is your Top 3 picks for this holiday season. So here's what's on my list!
1. Palette: Bobbi Brown City Lights Beauty Collection
picture.php

2. Value Set: Rock For Ever Best of MAKE UP FOR EVER
picture.php

3. Skincare: Clarisonic® Plus with Dr. Brandt, Peter Thomas Roth, Ole Henriksen and Perricone MD - Pink
picture.php

So, what's on yours? (Pics are welcome :drool:)

well I can't figure out how to copy these pictures from NM so I'll post the link:

Balenciaga Paris Fragrance Holiday set
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...mCat=cat000000cat000285cat23690741cat10690735

Chloe Holiday Set: (even though I already own and love this fragrance)
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...mCat=cat000000cat000285cat23690741cat10690735

Laura Mercier Creme de Pistache Body & Bath Quad (I have the body souffle and also love this product!):
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...mercier%26_requestid%3D49871%26N%3D4294967072

Last edited:
I'm on an iPad and still haven't figured out how to copy pics or links, sorry, but I've loved my NARS Bento Box so much that I'm gifting it to a couple of friends who love lipsticks as much as I do. There's pics on the NM website, but I can't figure out how to copy them.

I purchased a young woman in our family Guerlain 2010 Rouge G and an eye color pallette from Neiman Marcus and had them engraved with her name. I just checked and NM is still offering the service. It's a high end product that a young woman might not purchase for herself, and the engraving gives it a personal touch.

This is a totally helpful thread!

I received Hakuhodo brushes. They carry sets as well as many, many individual brushes. Most certainly a lifetime investment (at least it was for me):

http://www.hakuhodousa.com/index.php

A picture from the Hakuhodo website:

I got that set for my birthday! Those brushes are works of art! They're incredibly beautiful, so soft, and feel perfectly designed and weighted for handling. That set would be an amazing gift. They feel like they will last for years.

I love all the gift ideas posted here. I am totally in love with the Balenciaga set, after I saw it on another thread. That set is worth buying for the coin purse alone. I hope to get mine next year. The NARS bento box sounds totally awesome, quite a unique concept for a lipstick. Thanks for the info on the brushes. I've added it to my list, they seem like a worthy investment. I love personalizing gifts option that NM is offering, the eye palette is totally :drool: worthy.

Here's my list:

Benefit: Her Name Was Glowla ($36)

A great Benefit starter kit including Coralista blush, highbeam and moonbeam highlighters, eyeshadow, lipgloss and mascara.
P272005_hero.jpg

Laura Mercier Mini Lip Glacé Set ($38)

I've never tried anything by this brand before, but I've heard the products are amazing.
P273810_hero.jpg

Chloe Gift Set ($95)
Love the scent and the packaging
P275422_hero.jpg

Sephora by OPI Eighteen Piece Mini Nail Colour Set ($48)
I prefer little bottles of polish - they're easier to finish - and this has some great shades like: Mermaid to Order and I'm with Brad.
P273909_hero.jpg

I bought several mini Chanel brush sets from Saks. They aren't the best brushes in the world, but several of my cousins & my good friend's daughter LOVE anything with interlocking C's :smile:

I kept one of the Chanel brush kits - it has nice slots for mini brushes & a zipped opaque pocket on the other side. The whole thing zips shut & is easy to pop in a purse or tote. I have a combo of brushes from other kits I've collected over the years (I'm a total sucker for mini brush sets :P) including a mini TM powder brush, mini angled TM eyeliner (from this year's Voyager kit), mini MAC SE angled blush brush, flat Laura Mercier eyelash curler, mini BB ultra fine eyeliner brush & random spoolie. In the zippered compartment, I keep a MAC fluidline pot, travel container of loose powder, mini La Mer, Nars blush & Shiseido lip chubby thing.

I bought the Trish McEvoy Voyager set from Neiman's, but I haven't really had a chance to play around with it yet (other than removing the angled eyeliner brush to place in the Chanel kit). It is a nice burnished gold color.

I usually pick up the gigantic Origins Soufflé tubs but didn't see any this year. I love them myself & find they make great gifts. I have my mom completely addicted to the Ginger Soufflé.

We happened to be at the Dior counter in Selfridges to pick up something else when I spotted this gorgeous LE palette. Of course, I won't ever spoil its perfection! It really is limited in the true sense of the word - mine is #0244.

Photo from the website - the colours are prettier IRL with the woman's skin being soft pale peach.

Attachments

• DiorGruau.jpg
    DiorGruau.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 50