Best bags for work?

Kathykkw

Aug 10, 2018
Hello Everyone!

I was wondering if you have any suggestions about good, roomy bags to take to work. I'm moving to a more formal job and I can't find something that's not a laptop bag or a briefcase. I am seeing the Senreve maestra bag everywhere, and it looks gorgeous and functional, but it's not really my style. What do you use to carry your stuff around? (Bonus points if it fits trainers for the gym!)

Hello Everyone!

I was wondering if you have any suggestions about good, roomy bags to take to work. I'm moving to a more formal job and I can't find something that's not a laptop bag or a briefcase. I am seeing the Senreve maestra bag everywhere, and it looks gorgeous and functional, but it's not really my style. What do you use to carry your stuff around? (Bonus points if it fits trainers for the gym!)

I’m having the same dilemma... I’ve been carrying a Cole Haan nylon tote with thin leather straps for the last couple years but I want something nice yet versatile. Rebecca Minkoff has quite a few totes... Cuyana also has a few minimalist options. Are you looking for floppy leather, or something with structure?

I’m having the same dilemma... I’ve been carrying a Cole Haan nylon tote with thin leather straps for the last couple years but I want something nice yet versatile. Rebecca Minkoff has quite a few totes... Cuyana also has a few minimalist options. Are you looking for floppy leather, or something with structure?

I'm definitely a fan of structure, since I tend to carry a lot of things and floppy leather ends up looking funky. It's frustrating that not that many bags are designed for work (and the laptops, notes and tech that comes with that). I was really excited when I saw the Senreve one because it fulfils all of my criteria, but the design is not something I would wear. It is frustrating! But thank you for the suggestions! I will definitely take a look!

Reactions: ouiouilexiaussi
Hello Everyone!

What is your aesthetic? It's hard to find options of what you like without more suggestions on what you like, what you're trying to carry, and your budget. A good place to start is Cuyana, Everlane, and Knomo London. :smile:

Depending on your normal amount of work stuff, a Neverfull or the Artois and similar totes by Goyard. While I have not seen one in person, I understand the Goyard totes are rather well liked since they aren't covered in monograms and I think they have bespoke/custom color options.