Best bag for a newbie ~ Jumbo flap or Reissue?

Reissue, cos that's my personal fave and I wanted my first Chanel in a classic colour ie. black. Also cos the black classic flap didn't look good on me =(

I think you need to try them on to see which suits your style more.

Depends on how hard you are on your bags.
The Jumbo is durable....not that susceptible to scratches....Caviar happens to be my favorite for that reason because I like to keep my bags looking brand new. I think a caviar bag is much better for everyday use.

The reissue is beautiful, but you need to be more careful with it because the leather is softer.

Thank you everyone for your opinions!!
Hmm I am a little rough with my bags, trying to be gentle with my Bal, so maybe Jumbo flap would be better, but I am liking the Reissue style more.

What are the differences between the sizes? 227 and 228?! xx

^^Check the reference thread, I think page three has the measurements for all the flap sizes. Pricing is outdated, though. Believe new pricing has been posted later in the thread, also

Reissue in 227 size. I personally, really don't like the jumbo size, esp the ones w/ the new chains. the reissue is the same length and height but the width is smaller, it's flatter than a jumbo. The drop of the reissue is also shorter than a jumbo. The jumbo just looks like a messenger bag with chains. It ALSO depends on your frame. You will not be dissappointed. It's chics up any outfit.
For durability, though the jumbo wins because it is caviar. But the reissue leathers look much more luxe than caviar. I do own caviar but in the medium size and it's very lovely with gold hardware.