Best and Worst Louis Vuitton boutiques in NY

Jan 26, 2010
Hey!! Just out of curiosity, what is the best and worst LV boutique in NY? I was just looking up the locations i usually go to online and people gave both semi terrible reviews (on yelp and google). So i was just wondering, which one do you recommend? I usually go to either the Manhasset location or the one in Macy's at Roosevelt Field Mall because its a quick drive. I sometimes feel uncomfortable going into the Manhasset location because I feel like they think i'm young and am just there to look. I rather bring my LV home by car rather than on the subway.

So, which LV location do you hate/love?

Hi,

I also shop both of the above and haven't had any issue at either place. I don't focus on the SA's when I go into LV. Yes some of then can be quite rude but I continue being my pleasant self and pay them no mind :smile:

I have window shopped and purchased bags from both locations and tend to find the SA's are a bit nicer in the Macy's store. They answer questions, joke around and are pleasant for the most part.

I have window shopped and purchased bags from both locations and tend to find the SA's are a bit nicer in the Macy's store. They answer questions, joke around and are pleasant for the most part.

I went to both stores today and the manhasset one seemed a lot more friendlier. The SA at macys was unfriendly and wasn't helpful at all. I asked to see a wallet at both locations (they both were sold out of it) and the SA at manhasset showed me other options. The SA at macys just said they didn't have any and she had no clue as to when then would be getting more in. Hmm..maybe it just wasn't a good day for her. I've only purchased at the Manhasset location.

I went to both stores today and the manhasset one seemed a lot more friendlier. The SA at macys was unfriendly and wasn't helpful at all. I asked to see a wallet at both locations (they both were sold out of it) and the SA at manhasset showed me other options. The SA at macys just said they didn't have any and she had no clue as to when then would be getting more in. Hmm..maybe it just wasn't a good day for her. I've only purchased at the Manhasset location.

Oh wow- I'm sorry you had a bad experience at the one in Macy's. Maybe she was having a bad day. One of the SA's I spoke to yesterday wasn't too friendly- I assumed bc it was later in the day and the store was PACKED but the 2nd SA who helped me was VERY pleasant.

I'm in NYC, I pretty much only shop at the Soho store. The SAs at Saks are nice, they will look up things for you and reserve them.

I cannot stand the 57th St store, even though I had an SA there I liked, I refuse to buy anything there any more, after the manager told me that it's "normal" for a shawl to fall apart after an hour of wear. Then she did me a "favor" and let me return it "just this one time"... please don't do me any favors!! Now, if I see something I want at 57th St, I call Soho and have them transfer it for me.

I've found the service at most of the LV boutiques in NYC to be okay, no issues or complaints, no stand-out service.
I can say that the Soho store is delightful and it would be my preference.

I've dealt with several different SAs at the Louis Vuitton store in Macy's Herald Square and they were all super nice and accommodating.

More recently, DH bought my Christmas present at the Manhasset store and said he had a very easy shopping experience.

I've only been to the LV store in The Westchester which is fairly close to NYC. Everyone there is on their game there. Easy to get to by car and not far from the White Plains Metro North station. Personally though I would take a cab from the store to the train. Anyway, they're very nice and helpful. I would highly recommend speaking with Daisy there.

I have only been to the SoHo store in NY and it was just to look around since I live in NJ and buy there, but there was a young male SA walking the floors and he was so pleasant. He started talking to us out of nowhere. He was asking us if he lived in NY and so forth...

Both Macy's 34th street & Roosevelt Field locations have great SA's who were very patient with me as I asked a million questions. Will have to check out the SoHo location based on the good reviews here.

Manhasset Americana and 34th St. They are much better IMO than Roosevelt Field They are very professional and patient at Manhasset and NYC. Roosevelt Field is atrocious! There are not many sales personnel, they don't have much and if you ask them questions they never know. Additionally, the line is in the middle of the store but they don't inform you of this until after you see them call the next person that came after you. This is after they know you've been waiting. Also, I've heard stories that the 14 day return policy doesn't exist at Roosevelt Field. They will inspect every cm of the bag until they find the smallest hard to see dot on the bag. Keep in mind that they don't inspect the bag the same way when they sell it to you. My experience with NYC and Manhasset have always been smooth. Hope this helps