Best and worst Balenciaga leather years?

Just wondering if you took a pic of it? Lol....I remember the term 'swamp thang' being mentioned. 2008 S/S & F/W sounded like such hit & miss seasons.

:-s sorry @jeanstohandbags I packed it straight back into the box as soon as I saw it :wtf:. I should of take pics and clips and started up a "BLACK BBAG LEATHER thread - through the years" 2000/01 to NOW... That would of been interesting... OR is there already a thread like that?

:-s sorry @jeanstohandbags I packed it straight back into the box as soon as I saw it :wtf:. I should of take pics and clips and started up a "BLACK BBAG LEATHER thread - through the years" 2000/01 to NOW... That would of been interesting... OR is there already a thread like that?

Totally agree that a specific "Black Bag Leather" thread would be a great idea. Not sure if one exists, I don't think so, surely I would have found it by now with all searching I have done over the years about black ;)

Reactions: Iamminda
Totally agree that a specific "Black Bag Leather" thread would be a great idea. Not sure if one exists, I don't think so, surely I would have found it by now with all searching I have done over the years about black ;)
Just did a bit of a search. It would be possible to start a thread by posting links to various convos regarding different seasons/years of black leather. Does anyone think this would be worth doing? You'd have to open each link but there is quite a bit of info out there, it just takes compiling...

LOL - yeah I've made so many notes and I just keep coming back to this THREAD and I think there is another one or 2 that I refer too as well on here! OH I LOVE YOU tPF!

Just did a bit of a search. It would be possible to start a thread by posting links to various convos regarding different seasons/years of black leather. Does anyone think this would be worth doing? You'd have to open each link but there is quite a bit of info out there, it just takes compiling...

I reckon it would be neat if we did one. Maybe just list all the years and letters and then next to it state what shade of black it turned out to be?
eg/
2004 B or fw or ss = True black, no fading
2008 T = green swamp monster, it is not black anymore

And also get photos up to correspond? BUT it can be quite difficult to capture the black fading green monster at times (if you don't have a good camera to capture it). :facepalm:

:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Reactions: Iamminda
LOL - yeah I've made so many notes and I just keep coming back to this THREAD and I think there is another one or 2 that I refer too as well on here! OH I LOVE YOU tPF!

I reckon it would be neat if we did one. Maybe just list all the years and letters and then next to it state what shade of black it turned out to be?
eg/
2004 B or fw or ss = True black, no fading
2008 T = green swamp monster, it is not black anymore

And also get photos up to correspond? BUT it can be quite difficult to capture the black fading green monster at times (if you don't have a good camera to capture it). :facepalm:

:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
I was thinking more of just linking a lot of the existing posts onto one thread. People would have to do their due diligence at that point :smile:.

I'm sorry you were disappointed. It's so disappointing opening the package and you WANT to like the bag but that sinking feeling in your stomach says it all. Glad you could get a refund.

I actually have a hand scribbled list going from 2005 until 2011 where I've noted what different TPF:ers (especially CeeJay) have to say about the different leathers, of Black Bals in particular, from these years (obsessed, moi? :yes: ). One comment that stands out for 2008 black City:s is CeeJay's swamp monster warning and a big "NO!". When I was searching for a black Bal I don't remember seeing any from 2008 S/S that didn't have that hint of green monster tinge.

Can I recommend you also have a look at 2013 and 2011? I know BPC and ZestyPasta both have gorgeous black Citys from 2013 (don't remember seasons) and my 2011 F/W is amazing, to me. I go a little weak at the knees every time I look at it :love: :lol: I've never had one of the HG ones, like an A or Z, that I know you've had, but there are some truly gorgeous ones from later on as well.

:nuts: I think i might of found a 2011 M tag F/W black! :graucho::panic:

:nuts: I think i might of found a 2011 M tag F/W black! :graucho::panic:
Oh, goody!:happydance:
If you look here #14 you'll see pics of mine. I know 2011 has been recommended by other TPF:ers like s.tighe for exampe. It's jet black, little distressed. No marshmallowiness. In my notes 2011 S/S, N, has been described as green but I've so far only read good things about 2011 F/W, M.

Good luck!
:lol: I just saw you found the pics! I'm glad you liked them and I hope they help and that the bag you're looking at it as good or better. I love the leather on mine but then I prefer smoother leather. Very exciting to see your 2011 M if you buy it :yes:

How is the leather from F/W 2010? Black City.

Does this seem like good leather?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 10.07.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 10.07.39 AM.png
    249.4 KB · Views: 322
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 10.07.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 10.07.44 AM.png
    249.1 KB · Views: 321
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 10.07.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 10.07.50 AM.png
    299.9 KB · Views: 323
Hi peacebabe!

I actually read through the thread - 2x! Just want to get more opinions and I'm very glad to know you haven't had a bad experience with 2010 bags. I can't seem to be able to assess leather quality through pictures. So glad for this forum :heart:

Hi peacebabe!

I actually read through the thread - 2x! Just want to get more opinions and I'm very glad to know you haven't had a bad experience with 2010 bags. I can't seem to be able to assess leather quality through pictures. So glad for this forum :heart:
Keep in mind that any year can have good or bad leather. These are animal hides after all and they vary.

Also remember that since you are buying preloved, how the previous owner "treat" the bags are very important too! Again, there are many beautiful & useful photos posted by members in the Balenciaga Reference Library & Club House. Looking through them will really enlighten you. Im still reading through those forum time to time too! ;)

Hi peacebabe!