Best ALL time DRUGSTORE items!

Johnson and Johnson Baby Lotion
Venus Razors
Neutrogena Clean Tint Tinted Moisturizer
Banana Boat Sunscreen (a MUST here in Cali)
Nivea Oil Control Cleanser (I'm not sure of the exact name; it's bright teal though)

Love the drugstore! I could literally spend hours in there looking at all the beauty products!

I know we already had a thread on best drugstore items, but most of those posts were about types of lotions, shampoos, etc. I want to know about makeup: mascara, blush, eyelash curlers, eyeliners - anything that you can think of that you can get from a drug store that rivals high priced cosmetics such as Dior, Nars, Shu Uemura, Lancome, etc. Why pay more if we can pay less, right? Share your secrets ladies! And don't forget to give reasons and comparisons - etc. :yahoo:

This should be fun! :wlae:

I like the H.I.P. line from L'oreal (or was it Revlon?). It stands for High Intesity Pigment, and I've tried their lip gloss, lipstick and eyeshadow duos - love them all! The eyeshadow goes on smoothly and is high quality imo. The gloss comes in great colors, all with high shine with just enough color. The lipsticks are good when you want a bit more color.

There's no shortage of pigmentation in these products - they named the line truthfully!

I always by my mascara from a drugstore--since I'm supposed to chuck it after 6 months (I cheat and keep it for almost 9)--it just don't want to throw down the $$ for a brand mascara. Right now I'm using Almay's brown mascara and before that it was L'oreal.

Lancome is part of the L´Oréal group and the rumor says that innovations on cosmetics are introduced first in the pricey brands but eventually are also usued by l´Oreal brand.
I actually really like Maybelline´s "Great lash" , and that "beige eye shadow" that I had for many years and had a terrible ending by falling into pieces on my bathroom floor.......that eye shadow was my vital base for illuminating my dark lids.
Totally disatisfied with bourjois .beurk. :sad:

I use drugstore stuff almost exclusively. Maybelline Age Rewind and HIP foundation, Great Lash mascara, Wet n Wild lip gloss, Cover Girl eye pencil...

And Sally's is also a good source of good quality, reasonably priced cosmetics.

If you have to have something you can't get either of those places, for me that's Lancome eye shadows, try ebay and/or makeupalley.

my favorite drugstore products are sonia kashuk lipgloss in 'sexy' and revlon colorstay eyeliner in all the colors they make.

the lipgloss is really creamy without being too sticky and comes in beautiful packaging. it goes on with a brush instead of a little spunge-y thing that lets you get the lush, wet look much more easily.

the revlon eyeliner is my holy grail - i've used everything from revlon to victoria's secret to mac to chanel, and the revlon is better than all of them in every way. it goes on evenly in a neat, smooth line, it stay on all day without smudging (and i have OILY eyelids), and it doesn't create raccoon eyes like all of the others inexplicably do. it's easy to sharpen (it comes with a sharpener), but works well either dull or sharp. the best part? it cost $4, compared to the $25 that the next best one i've tried (chanel) costs.

I refuse to buy mascara, I don't mind dropping a couple hundred on various eye shadows because they can last a couple of years and can create different looks with them.

but mascara I rely on one of my SAs in bloomies, I've tried maybelline, loreal, max factor, laura mercier (clumpy eyelashes), chanel esticals or however you spell it (spindly spiderly, flat dull lashes), and now I use clinque max lift that I get in samples. You can basically make any mascara work with an appropriate brush, so the SA gives me a couple of her disposable brushes for me so as soon as I coat my lashes, I brush out the excess and elongate mine. Free is my kinda price LOL.

I do like neosporin lip balm, it makes my lips tingle and glossy.