Home & Garden Best affordable bed sheets

As far as affordable, I would say the Hotel Collection from Macy's. One point though, wash them carefully- Tide works best as DH washed them in something discount and they got a little less soft after the wash.

Can you give us a price range for "affordable"?

I had a set of Lauren Ralph Lauren ones that were on closeout + private sale + extra percentage off at ralphlauren.com, but then I discovered the awesomeness that is Costco's Kirkland Signature sheets. Makes the LRL one feel scratchy!

Unfortunately my Costco doesn't carry them anymore, so they might be discontinued...but they're something like 600 thread count pima cotton for...somewhere between 40-60 dollars? I'm sorry, I don't remember...but it's the whole Queen-size set, and available in white or ivory.

As for Macy's Hotel Collection: I have an amazing set of turkish cotton towels...only downside is the dye bleaches out with certain skincare products. But other than that, their softness and plushness is amazing, so I assume the brand's sheets are excellent too.

i was also going to suggest a place like TJs or marshalls etc since they sell designer sheets for discounted prices, though i dont know exactly what your price range is.

Overstock.com has high-thread-count sheets and comforter covers for unbelievable pricing. Best value I've found. The reviews on that site are very helpful. :tup:

I love the organic cotton sheets they have at Target (Target brand). They're about $35 for full, and are softer, fit better, and are more durable than much more expensive kinds I've used.

^Organic cotton is so soft! I try to find it for baby gifts, too.

Not knowing your price range, makes it hard to recommend. Egyptian cotton is the best quality if you can find it at a price acceptable to you. Some people like crisp, some prefer softer. I like the sateen woven sheets which come in all price ranges. They feel softer and smoother to me.

^ I love organic cotton sheets! My bf swears by Egyptian cotton.

I currently have Portico Organic Cotton sheets - they are amazing and SUPER soft. I got them on clearance somewhere.

I swear by Frette, Italian luxury bed linen. They have gorgeous and classy design and luxury feel to them. I especially adore my duvet as it feels as if you are tucket under the softest cloud. The only con is it's a very expensive brand; the pro: they ocasionally put items on sale.

I swear by Frette, Italian luxury bed linen. They have gorgeous and classy design and luxury feel to them. I especially adore my duvet as it feels as if you are tucket under the softest cloud. The only con is it's a very expensive brand; the pro: they ocasionally put items on sale.
I love Frette...but I've had shrinkage problems.

Have tried all sorts of brands from Target to Macy's to Hotel Collection at Bed, Bath Beyond for $200 set and I think the best deal is Ralph Lauren sheets. They don't pill EVER and stay soft. Get the highest thread count you can, but even the lower thread count Lauren sheets don't pill. I get mine on ebay and overstock.com. TJ Maxx, Ross etc can carry them too but it's hard to find basic colors at those stores.