bespoke bays or birkin???

chateleine

slippery slide
O.G.
Apr 5, 2008
I know they're really quite different bags, but the more i use my bays, the more i think i would really use a birkin for the rest of my life...

plus, for the price of a bespoke bays here, i could get a birkin... should i??:shrugs: Has anyone else here gone from bays to birkin? seems quite a logical step for me....

If you can afford a birkin and feel comfortable USING a bag worth that amount of money then go for it. Personally i baby my bags and would feel sick wearing a bag THAT expensive in case something happened to it- but that's just me- I'd probably want to put it in a cabinet and 'look' at it! have you asked the same question in The Hermes forum? - you may find people on there who have moved on from bays to birkins!

I'm quite rough and tumble tend to be precious with every bag that isn't a hardy mulberry, so i so know what you mean... but I've been visiting the H forum, they say you can get your bags reconditioned with quite amazing results, which makes me feel better about using such an exp bag... also they have a few leathers that get slouchy like darwin... i like :P

if i do do it, it'll be a 30th birthday gift to myself, and i'll have to be on a bag ban for like years to make up for it!!

I would love to have a Birkin one day a 35 togo or swift leather etoupe color.But its an awful long way off yet,and at the moment,I am loving that I have a few bags to choose from,that are a great price so I can have a choice of colors and styles etc.I don't think I would like to be tied to one bag and have no alternatives,I simply could not afford a few Birkins!! But that is not to say that I won't ever get one.
But as Jo says,I think I would want to have alternatives so I don't have to use it all the time,a Birkin is definately a bag I would baby,as they are very expensive.About £4600 I think now??

I can see the logic of progressing from Bayswater to Birkin but, have to say, Hermes has never done it for me. The bags are beautifully made but they are just too boxy & structured for my taste. I'd get bored of it too quickly & at that price it has to be a bag you use forever.
Victoria Beckham hasn't done the brand any favours either - that alone would put me right off!

According to reports, prices in London should be from £750 for a Darwin Leather bag, to £2,500 for an Ostrich Leather bag, waiting time is 4-6 weeks.

Here in Singapore, I've been told the price range is
the equivalent of £3,600 for a darwin bays to £12,000 for an ostrich one - Birkin price range - and I'd guess the wait would be at least 8 weeks? (will even have to wait for the leather swatch book to be sent in from London).

It was actually considering getting a bespoke mulberry that turned me on to hermes, since prices are so close....

I can see the logic of progressing from Bayswater to Birkin but, have to say, Hermes has never done it for me. The bags are beautifully made but they are just too boxy & structured for my taste. I'd get bored of it too quickly & at that price it has to be a bag you use forever.
Victoria Beckham hasn't done the brand any favours either - that alone would put me right off!

SJ - Me too!!! I was afraid to admit and fear of being flogged, but that VB just makes me skin crawl. She always looks pissed at the world without any reason.

SJ - Me too!!! I was afraid to admit and fear of being flogged, but that VB just makes me skin crawl. She always looks pissed at the world without any reason.

Apparently she hates her teeth which is why she doesn't smile! :wtf:

All that money & she still doesn't smile. Just shows money can't buy style. If she goes any thinner she'll disappear - come to think of it, that would be good!

According to reports, prices in London should be from £750 for a Darwin Leather bag, to £2,500 for an Ostrich Leather bag, waiting time is 4-6 weeks.

Here in Singapore, I've been told the price range is
the equivalent of £3,600 for a darwin bays to £12,000 for an ostrich one - Birkin price range - and I'd guess the wait would be at least 8 weeks? (will even have to wait for the leather swatch book to be sent in from London).

It was actually considering getting a bespoke mulberry that turned me on to hermes, since prices are so close....

Opening price for a 35cm Birkin which is similar in size to the Bayswater is £4,000ish but I have heard it's VERY difficult to get Birkins in Singapore and alot of the Singapore ladies fly to Japan or Paris in the hope of getting one. Bear in mind that if you get on the list for a Birkin it could still be 1-2 years before you even get the bag

If she goes any thinner she'll disappear - come to think of it, that would be good!

:lol: :roflmfao:

Apparently she hates her teeth which is why she doesn't smile! :wtf:

All that money & she still doesn't smile. Just shows money can't buy style. If she goes any thinner she'll disappear - come to think of it, that would be good!

:roflmfao::roflmfao: Lets put her on a diet!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is truly worse than PAris Hilton! Hate to say it, but I am hoping the LA Soccer team will dump him and they will go home!!

:roflmfao::roflmfao: Lets put her on a diet!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is truly worse than PAris Hilton! Hate to say it, but I am hoping the LA Soccer team will dump him and they will go home!!
Oh god no, we only just got rid of them! And they've got to stay long enough to have another baby, one they can call Vegas!