Berry Alexandra, having second thoughts.

purse-cursed

My HG changes daily
O.G.
Mar 20, 2009
I bought the regular one at the outlet a week ago and haven't cut the tags. I've been carrying it around the house all the various ways it can be worn and am still not sure about it.

When I wear it as a hobo I find the strap a bit on the thin side, but I haven't carried it to know if it will actually bother me (I carry a lot of tension in my shoulders), and for some reason I find it a bit plain. The zipper also is a bit sticky when it slouches too.

The color is GORGEOUS though, am I being crazy? What do you think of Alexandra? In true fickle fashion, I'm also having doubts about the keyfob, does it look like a pretzel?!

029-1.jpg

I honestly think it's a beautiful bag. But if you haven't cut off the tags, if you're finding that the zipper gets stuck and if you think that the strap is a bit thin, I'm sure that when it really starts to wear down with use, you're going to frustrated.

I think the fob works perfectly with the berry alexandra. It's super cute together. But again, it's up to you! :smile:

I have the black Alexandra and I love her! I do agree though she IS plain so I dressed her up with a key fob that is bilgy lol and a scarf! I use her as an everyday type bag when plain is OK lol I love the size and the way she carries etc though she CAN get heavy! I'd love a berry! How much did u snag her for and is she the small or large? Mine is small and perfect size for my height I think I paid $202 @ outlet.

I honestly think it's a beautiful bag. But if you haven't cut off the tags, if you're finding that the zipper gets stuck and if you think that the strap is a bit thin, I'm sure that when it really starts to wear down with use, you're going to frustrated.

I think the fob works perfectly with the berry alexandra. It's super cute together. But again, it's up to you! :smile:

Thanks Nyssa, I guess I won't know unless I try it.

I have the black Alexandra and I love her! I do agree though she IS plain so I dressed her up with a key fob that is bilgy lol and a scarf! I use her as an everyday type bag when plain is OK lol I love the size and the way she carries etc though she CAN get heavy! I'd love a berry! How much did u snag her for and is she the small or large? Mine is small and perfect size for my height I think I paid $202 @ outlet.

I paid the same as you at the outlet, it's the small, but a really big small isn't it? I just sold a bag for being too heavy, maybe I need to wear it around the house for an hour so :P

Love your fob BTW but it does remind me of a pretzel!!

I know right? I didn't notice it until I saw it in a mirror from far away! lol

I bought the regular one at the outlet a week ago and haven't cut the tags. I've been carrying it around the house all the various ways it can be worn and am still not sure about it.

When I wear it as a hobo I find the strap a bit on the thin side, but I haven't carried it to know if it will actually bother me (I carry a lot of tension in my shoulders), and for some reason I find it a bit plain. The zipper also is a bit sticky when it slouches too.

The color is GORGEOUS though, am I being crazy? What do you think of Alexandra? In true fickle fashion, I'm also having doubts about the keyfob, does it look like a pretzel?!

I know exactly what you mean. I was really wanting a berry, and I ended up scoring one from the outlet. At first glance, I thought it was very plain, but that is why I love it. I have other bags that have bling, studs, and Op Art, so I wanted something that was plain leather, and I love the berry color. The strap does tend to dig, and sometimes twist, but I just straighten it out. That being said, I am still calling the outlet twice a day, trying to find a black or acorn Alexandra(small size) If you aren't loving it, you shouldn't keep it. There must be something out there that will suit your needs a bit more. Let us know what you decide to do!:biggrin:

029-1.jpg

I know exactly what you mean. I was really wanting a berry, and I ended up scoring one from the outlet. At first glance, I thought it was very plain, but it turns out that this is why I love it. I have other bags that have bling, studs, and Op Art, so I wanted something that was plain leather, and I love the berry color. The strap does tend to dig, and sometimes twist, but I just straighten it out. That being said, I am still calling the outlet twice a day, trying to find a black or acorn Alexandra(small size) If you aren't loving it, you shouldn't keep it. There must be something out there that will suit your needs a bit more. Let us know what you decide to do!:biggrin:

Thanks CravingCoach, I really like the Alexandra in your avatar, not plain at all :smile: Maybe I need to embrace the plain, lol. I have the tartan glam for when I want 'busy' I suppose. The color may make it's 'flaws' bareable.

I have this bag in the large size and LOVE love love it. I changed into it as soon as I made the purchase, and wore it straight for 3 weeks, including a long weekend spent out of town. Perfect bag for me-- love it as a hobo, satchel, and as a cross-body (I wear it all three ways). The leather is super soft and seems to be virtually indestructible. I also bought the regular size in Acorn, but have yet to snip the tags b/c I can't seem to stop wearing the large berry....

I just got a large berry Alexandra today at Dillard's (50% + another 10% off). I love the color and find it very comfortable to wear. I haven't cut the tags yet, but I think she's a keeper.

Good luck with your decision!

I think your fob looks great on her!

I love my berry alexandra. I bought her for the color's pizzaz and the style's simplicity (aka I wanted a great leather bag that didn't scream Coach like the siggy stuff, something I could use to work). But I have the large bag. I ordered the smaller alexandra in the smaller size for the October PCE and I'm not sure if I'm keeping it yet, too. I love the color, but the smaller size is different from what I've loved about the bigger one.

I think the people who like this style REALLY love it. That color is spectactular but the bag itself did not work for me either. Wish they made it in a satchel :smile: But I think if you are having this much doubt you can return her without regret later

Thanks CravingCoach, I really like the Alexandra in your avatar, not plain at all :smile: Maybe I need to embrace the plain, lol. I have the tartan glam for when I want 'busy' I suppose. The color may make it's 'flaws' bareable.

the overall color and op art, was originally what attracted me to the bag. I saw it on the website, and then, went to West Edmonton Mall, where she was sitting at the far back, right side of the store. It was like one of those commercials you see, with the spotlight on whatever, and music going "ahhhhhhhhhhhh" moments! I rushed right up to it, and bought it. I love the Alexandra style.:biggrin:

Wow, she's stunning in berry. That said I have her in Acorn and let me tell you I love this bag! All have a bunch of "bling" bag, but the Alexandra is now my favorite bag in my whole collection. And I have a lot of Legacy bags that do not come close to my acorn bag.
Good luck with your decision, but I love mine and could never part with it!

I love all SIX of my Alexandras, all purchased after they went to outlet.

Yes, my Sophias are maybe more flashy and yes, my metallic Kristen hobo is divine and yes, my marcasite Kristen pleated satchel is TDF.

But the Alexandras are probably the bags I will always have. Comfy, versatile and the leather is sooooo squishy after you start carrying her.

I WISH I had a berry one. .