Travel Bermuda.. Puerto Rico.. Grand Turk & Cacos .. St Thomas

DamierAddict

Nov 28, 2007
YAY I JUST BOOKED A CRUISE FOR MY BF'S BDAY. WE ARE GOING ON THE CARRIBEAN PRINCESS LEAVING FROM NY ON JUNE 13TH-JUNE 22ND (9 DAYS)

THE DESTINATIONS ARE BERMUDA,PUERTO RICO, GRAND TURK & CACOS, AND ST THOMAS.

I WANTED TO HAVE A PLAN OF WHAT TO DO ON EACH ISLAND

IF ANY1 HAS BEEN TO ANY OF THESE PLACES CAN YOU PLEASE LIST BEAUTIFUL BEACHES, RAINFORESTS, TOURS ETC.

WE ARE IN SAN JUAN TILL 11 PM SO A NICE DINNER PLACE WOULD BE NICE AS WELL

I went on the same intinerary last year.... it's a bunch of fun.

Berumda - it's BEAUTIFUL. There is a place to eat called The Swizzle Inn, check it out if you can, and sit outside.

Puerto Rico - Old San Juan is gorgeous with the architectural design and stuff. We spent the day in El Yunque (sp?) rainforest - if you take this excusion, be sure to bring swim clothes - they neglected to tell us there was a WATERFALL that we could go under!!! Sheesh!

Turks & Caicos - overrated. Everything is like... barren lol. You can rent a scooter (which is what we did, you can find them right off the gangway w/o reservation), and make it across the entire island in 20 mins lol. You can also go dune buggying or something. But, great place for beaches. A lot of locals don't speak English...

St. Thomas - my other fav next to Bermuda! Sooo pretty! Be sure to take a trip to the top of the mountain for a great view. Megan's (or Magen?) Bay ... we wanted to go, but we couldn't :sad: But I hear it's great!

Puerto Rico has some pretty good outlet shopping.

The Coach store is pretty great. Not sure if you are in to that.

Also there is a restaurant there called Cafe Puertorico and I had a dish called mofongo and it was AWESOME!!! Oh I wish I could have some now.

Grand Turk- the beach is RIGHT there when you get off the ship. great place to just lay on the beach or go drinking at margaritaville which is also right there. I LOVED grand turk, theres shopping right off the ship too! I took the excursion that let us swim with stingrays and go snorkeling as well (Gibbs Cay) and highly recommend it!

Oh, I love love love Puerto Rico.....

There is a great restaurant called Dragonfly in Old San Juan; they do not take reservations, which is kind of a pain, but it is delicious and completely worth the wait. There are plenty of good places on the same street to grab a drink while you're waiting.

The rainforest and the phosphorescent bay in PR are terrific, though both are a bit off the beaten path and you need to get there on your own. My friend lives there and drove me, so I am not sure about rental vehicles and/or buses. You can skip the rum *factory* (the tour stinks) in San Juan, but the rum is good. There is also a terrific, very authentic lunch place that I will have to give you the name of--I forget right now, but I will look in my tour book and post later.

Puerto Rico and St. Thomas were two of the stops on our cruise last year! In Puerto Rico we did the bioluminescence (spelling?) kyacking excursion. It was amazzzzing and so pretty- but you have to be pretty strong and have some experience w/ kyacking b/c they went really fast! But this is one of the only places in the world where you can do this so it was really exciting and fun.

In St. Thomas we went off on our own- Go to paradise beach!! It was so pretty and nice and quiet. Great snorkeling there too. We stopped at Meagans Bay too but it is very crowded, other than the gorgeous views it felt kind of like being at the jersey shore. The beach isnt all that big and this is where EVERYONE goes. I wouldnt go back. We also did the Sky Ride which takes you to the highest point on the island- it was fantastic and definitely worth the price! Its right near the the dock too. Also there is great shopping there so check that out as well!