Berkeley - Tell me the pros and cons please!

maxter

O.G.
Feb 5, 2006
I've been looking for a new bag and somebody mentioned the Berkley. I never thought of one before but they are quite stunning - a little edgier than a speedy.

Are they heavy?

Can they be worn over your shoulder - I'm guessing not comfortably.

About as big as a speedy 30?

I'd love to hear from everyone who owns one of these.

Also - do you prefer damier or azur?

TIA

It´s a bit heavy but not too much considering the size. I have the Manhattan PM and she´s more heavy because of the hardware. You can wear it on the shoulder since it has adjustable straps.

I bought the azur, absolutely beautiful!! I love them both and I was looking at it in ebene at first but ended up buying the Duomo. So azur was the one for me - no regrets! :tup:

Beautiful, stunning bag :heart: It really turns heads. I personaly don´t think you can compare it to the Speedy, they´re very different.

it is beautiful, i totally love the berk. I like the damier. I was thinking of getting the azur, but i saw one IRL, and i didn't like the patina. it looked dirty. (well proabaly that bag was dirty) anyway

its like the size of a 30, roomy. u can carry on the shoulder. but the base is kinda big so your arms flare out if you carry on the shoulder. There are some great pics in the berkeley clubhouse

I'm considering one in azur again! I WL for that bag for a long time and changed my mind when it was released, but now I'm considering replacing my azur speedy with an azur berkeley! The shape is much more practical for me.

I had the Ebene, but ended up selling it to fund another LV. It is a gorgeous and very functional bag. I didn't find it too heavy and I especially loved the ease of getting in and out of the bag. (Also, the red lining is gorgeous!)

The only con----the brass plate pretty much scratches if you look at it.

It is definitely a great bag and the size is perfect!

I have both. Don't shoot me but I personally still prefer the azur with all the vachetta. Spacewise, it is great. It is bulky but I measured it to the speedy 30 and just an inch bulkier. I don't carry it over my shoulder. I usually do a handheld but if I do need to put it on my shoulder, I can do so. It is far from being like a speedy. It is bigger in space than a 30. It weighs the same as the trevi pm -- 1 kg.

Verdict...There is alot alot of vachetta all over the bag. I spray mine with AG and there are no vachetta a the base -- just feets. If you don't do vachetta, the azur bag is definitely not for you but sigh!! it is for me :love:...ha ha

I was attracted to it ~ but I absolutely hate those brass plates that they are slapping on quite a few of the bags ~ so that ruled it out for me. Otherwise, the size looks perfect.

But wait ~ doesn't it have an open top? Or is there a magnetic snap?

I was attracted to it ~ but I absolutely hate those brass plates that they are slapping on quite a few of the bags ~ so that ruled it out for me. Otherwise, the size looks perfect.

But wait ~ doesn't it have an open top? Or is there a magnetic snap?

I hear you on that. I'm not a fan of the brass plates either. A little too kitschy. But I still love the shape and overall look of the bag.

I love the Berkeley. It's been on my wish list for over a year. I love the ebony, the azur, vachetta, and the brass plates! I guess it's the bag for me...someday...I just wish the price didn't keep going up up up!