Berkeley similar to Speedy?

Dec 30, 2008
Hi ladies and gents,
I posted another thread earlier about getting a Speedy. However, now I'm wondering if the Berkeley would be a better option? I have always loved the Berkeley, and always wanted one but was never able to. I have seen some preloved ones in great condition. I have been thinking about getting a Speedy lately, don't have one at all, but I'm worried about the bag sag, size, etc. For those that have had the Berkeley, did/do you love it? And if you also have a Speedy, how do they compare? Thanks all!

Hi ladies and gents,
I posted another thread earlier about getting a Speedy. However, now I'm wondering if the Berkeley would be a better option? I have always loved the Berkeley, and always wanted one but was never able to. I have seen some preloved ones in great condition. I have been thinking about getting a Speedy lately, don't have one at all, but I'm worried about the bag sag, size, etc. For those that have had the Berkeley, did/do you love it? And if you also have a Speedy, how do they compare? Thanks all!
It is a beautiful bag! I had a Berkeley but sold it, which I kind of regret now. I may re-buy .

Hi ladies and gents,
Did you end up getting a Berkeley? If so, how do you like it?

Hi ladies and gents,
I have the Berkeley in Damier ebene. Always loved it. No idea why I waited until it retired to buy it. I bought the last one available in the us a few years back.

Highly highly highly recommend. It is so easy. Handles can be adjusted, although I have never done that. It is basically a speedy 30 that keeps it shape with longer handles.

I own 2 speedy b in 30. Both limited edition. Tahitienne and summer Trunks. Hate them. Never use. Not a fan of the leather on the sides. I prefer the classic speedy.

I own a speedy 30 in the v from a few years back. Love it. Monogram with that grenade v. I love the size and love the bag because it is not common. It hasn’t slouched yet. I love the grab by handle and go.

If I could only pick one.... it would be the Berkeley. As much as I love the speedy 30, the Berkley has the pretty gold plate and details. Just better quality and prettier in my opinion.

I have the Berkeley in Damier ebene. Always loved it. No idea why I waited until it retired to buy it. I bought the last one available in the us a few years back.

Highly highly highly recommend. It is so easy. Handles can be adjusted, although I have never done that. It is basically a speedy 30 that keeps it shape with longer handles.

I own 2 speedy b in 30. Both limited edition. Tahitienne and summer Trunks. Hate them. Never use. Not a fan of the leather on the sides. I prefer the classic speedy.

I own a speedy 30 in the v from a few years back. Love it. Monogram with that grenade v. I love the size and love the bag because it is not common. It hasn’t slouched yet. I love the grab by handle and go.

If I could only pick one.... it would be the Berkeley. As much as I love the speedy 30, the Berkley has the pretty gold plate and details. Just better quality and prettier in my opinion.
Thanks. I'm currently at Dillard's and Thursday t have one in good used condition but it's $1,500. Think I'll see what I can find on Ebay. Know I can get a better deal there.

Has the front part of your Berkeley started to slouch? I just bought a preloved one and I Love it but it looks slouchier in the front side .. So it has lost his triangle shape. Wondering if this is normal.

Has the front part of your Berkeley started to slouch? I just bought a preloved one and I Love it but it looks slouchier in the front side .. So it has lost his triangle shape. Wondering if this is normal.
Hi!

No. I’m sorry about the one you have.

I grabbed mine and these are the pictures I took today.
I store mine with these 2 slgs in their dustbags with 2 air papers. All in my Berkeley.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg