Bergdorf refusing to issue my gift card...suggestions??

jayne01

O.G.
Apr 13, 2007
Back in September I spent $2000 at Bergdorf on a Fendi bag that qualified for the current gift card promotion that was running at the time. The promotion said it was from 9/24-9/26, but the details stated "Use code FASHION online at checkout before September 27th at 9:00 AM CST." I purchased the bag on 9/27 at 7:00 AM using the code, and my email confirmation for the order detailed the gift card and that I would receive it within 8 weeks. I know that BG/NM take their time issuing them, so I waited the full 8 weeks and when I still hadn't receive it the following week reached out to customer service via email to let them know I hadn't gotten it. After a couple days I had a response that my inquiry was sent to marketing and never heard anything back, after 2 additional emails to CS I finally got a response that my order didn't qualify for the gift card b/c it was placed on 9/27. I'm especially pissed because I could have bought the same bag from NAP with my F&F 25% off, I had only had the bag maybe a week and hadn't even unboxed it yet so I could have easily returned it to BG and purchased from NAP but figured once I got the gift card it would even out and not be worth the hassle. I love the bag and would pay full price for it regardless...but it's the whole principal of the thing that is really upsetting me! Any suggestions or would you just let it go?

Same thing happened to me once and I've never shopped with them since. I couldn't get over it and I know that's why they don't send the gift cards until months later (it's too late to return or exchange anything you purchased for the gift card). I eventually got my gift card after I escalated to corporate and finally got a hold of somebody with the authority to correct their mistake.

I would escalate your issue especially since you got the confirmation email.

Reactions: prepster
I agree with ittybitty -- try to take it up the chain. I had a similar problem with NM re the same GC event. They finally have promised that the GC is in the mail. Still waiting though.

Reactions: prepster
I agree with ittybitty -- try to take it up the chain. I had a similar problem with NM re the same GC event. They finally have promised that the GC is in the mail. Still waiting though.

Did you ever get your gift card? Still no progress on mine. :sad: How did you contact someone higher up than the regular CS?

Did you ever get your gift card? Still no progress on mine. :sad: How did you contact someone higher up than the regular CS?

I doubt if they will do what you are expecting, however, you have to try & point out your e-mail confirmation
highlighting the details
I have just pm'd you contact info & hope it helps
Good luck

I doubt if they will do what you are expecting, however, you have to try & point out your e-mail confirmation
highlighting the details
I have just pm'd you contact info & hope it helps
Good luck

It never came in the mail. I talked to the program's CS and got confirmed I was issued one (even though I could't see it on my account page). They gave me the GC number and I got it applied to my last online purchase.