Bergdorf Goodman purse

bulery

Feb 18, 2009
Hello,
I'm fairly new to designer purses. I came across a very nice looking black beaded purse at a local second hand store. I noticed there is a tag on the inside that says "Bergdorf Goodman". It is in very good condition & looks very old to me. The store is asking $150.00 for it.
My questions are: Would I be paying too much? and how can I date this purse?
I have done some research on the net but I could only find one purse with a "Bergdorf Goodman" tag on the inside. It had multi beading & was selling for $1500.00.
I would like to buy the black beaded purse because I really like it but I don't want to spend my money foolishly.
Any help on finding out more information on older purses with this label would be graetly appreciated. Thank-You.

jellyv

O.G.
Mar 29, 2006
Hi,
Sounds like you found something interesting. This is not really about authentication, so it's not the right thread, but let me just give some opinion: I would start by taking good photos of the bag and looking online at Ebay and at vintage handbag sites to see what's similar and how it's priced. It could be a Bergdorf exclusive, meaning a bag made to be sold at Bergdorf's. There is no Bergdorf brand per se, meaning a collecting category. Maybe a vintage bag dealer would be willing to look at the pics and give you a rough estimate of a fair retail price.

So, unlike the categories here (Chanel, Prada, Vuitton, etc), you won't find an online collection of Bergdorf Goodman bags or a group of collectors hunting them, I don't think--they will show up individually here and there only. Good luck!

Last edited: