Bergdorf goodman in-store order.. I received a dirty handbag

Apr 17, 2012
I ordered designer handbag over the phone and shipped it to my my state.
I received it last Saturday... I love the bag so much, but when I looked at the bottom at the bag...
it was so dirty and a lot of black marks...(my bag is pastel colors, and easy noticeable ) I texted to My SA about how it.. I have not gotten any reply from her yet.
Should I contact with Handbag manager about this ? and ask what can they do with it? replace another bag. Since I called Givenchy store at BG, they told they don't have any Givenchy bags on sale. Is there anything they can do ??? I love the bag .. I don't want to return it , but since I paid quite almost 1K for this bag. I expected the bag in good condition..
Am I too picky about this ??
I called the store and did not get much help.

Did you text photos of the dirty part? You have photos dated the day you received it, right, so they can't say you caused the dirt?

I wouldn't accept it, personally. Definitely go higher up in the system to a manager and make her/him aware of the situation and have them source a replacement for you.

I would take pics, call the store manager, who will push you to the manager of handbags. Ask for another bag in new condition and immediately return that one. Make sure you're documenting in case they believe you damaged it.

This is how bad the feet look like.. do you think it is matter? Since I got during the sale. IView attachment 3937420

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Honestly, I purchased bags in perfect condition from BG this season on sale for 50-65% off, so that's totally unacceptable.

I've seen some of their display bags in smooth leather collect dust....but nothing more than can be wiped off with a cloth or leather cleaner. That looks more like dirt (not dust). However, given it's on the bottom of the bag, if the bag is otherwise if great condition and you'd like to keep it, I'd inquire (i) if you can send it back to them to have that area cleaned or (ii) if it cannot be cleaned, for a further discount due to the condition.

After I purchased this bag... not even 24 hours they offered additional 20% of sale item in store . I asked my SA to apply discount on my order. She did not response to my text since I asked her for further discount. Now i sent her the pictures. I still don't get any replies from her.

Honestly, I purchased bags in perfect condition from BG this season on sale for 50-65% off, so that's totally unacceptable.

I've seen some of their display bags in smooth leather collect dust....but nothing more than can be wiped off with a cloth or leather cleaner. That looks more like dirt (not dust). However, given it's on the bottom of the bag, if the bag is otherwise if great condition and you'd like to keep it, I'd inquire (i) if you can send it back to them to have that area cleaned or (ii) if it cannot be cleaned, for a further discount due to the condition.
I love further discount. I don't know they will do it

After I purchased this bag... not even 24 hours they offered additional 20% of sale item in store . I asked my SA to apply discount on my order. She did not response to my text since I asked her for further discount. Now i sent her the pictures. I still don't get any replies from her.

I don't like SA's who don't respond to clients one way or the other & in a timely manner.
The bag is not in the condition that would make me happy. Is the 20% additional discount going to sway
you if you SA can adjust the price? That's the question I would be asking myself

Reactions: miss.winni3
I don't like SA's who don't respond to clients one way or the other & in a timely manner.
The bag is not in the condition that would make me happy. Is the 20% additional discount going to sway
you if you SA can adjust the price? That's the question I would be asking myself
Ask 20% off on my order even the bag was not shipped yet. I texted her last Friday for further discount...She did not reply at all. I called the store after they said they don't do further price adjustment on sale item. I would like to get discount on this bag

I would not get that bag even at 20% off! That is way too dirty for a new bag (or even a used bag, in my opinion). Can you buy a second one at 20% off and return the dirty one? That’s what I would do.

Amazing what stores ship out. I ordered a full price McQueen scarf from Neiman's. It arrived sans tags looking like someone had worn it, took it off their neck and threw it in the box and that is how it was forwarded to me. I guess I should have thanked them for having already folded/rolled it so all I would have had to do was tie it on. :rolleyes:
I returned it, got the same scarf on sale from Matches and one of their pretty boxes. :love:
I agree with the previous poster. If return shipping is free I would return and reorder. Let them pay three shippings if they won't price adjust :blah: