Bergdorf Goodman experiences

Apr 19, 2009
So I LOVE this store but hate their SA's/Customer service. EVERY time I shop their (aside from the beauty dept) I feel like the SA's give me tude and act like they're going out of their way by helping me. Am I the only one who gets this treatment? Even when I call to check in on items they are rude. It ruins it

I have only been there once but I can say for fact that the looks we got just walking through were absolutely enough for me to not go back til I either lose 100lbs or win the lotto. It was very much a Pretty-Woman before experience. We were looked at like homeless people or broke poseurs. I had big money saved up for spending there and Barney's among others and I didn't buy anything in either after being looked at, gawked at, LAUGHED AT, and overall treated unworthy of their time. Their loss of commission. I spent the money on paper for my invite orders, bras at one of the lingerie stores, and Bloomies and food instead.

:nogood: Unfortunately, I don't think BG is known for their customer service! I have never been to the store, but have done email and phone orders and have been pretty lucky to get a response. I believe that most SA are not willing to help casual shoppers, so unless they think you are very serious about buying they are "busy".

wow! really? I think Bergdorf has the best customer service out of all the stores and I am a shopper. LOL I am friendly with many SAs in the departments I shop (shoes on 2 and 5F) but even where I dont know anybody they always treat me top notch. And I am often dressed like a bum: in sweaty clothes, without a bag, just with a phone and keys in my hands. I live and work (and work out) just a couple of blocks from the store. And Customer service? amazing. You have a problem with something you bought there? they will fix it or your money back. No questions asked

What's with the tude of the employees at these high end stores? I find this is a pretty common thing, i live in canada where our luxury department store is holt renfrew and even there the SAs seem very judgemental and unwelcoming. I don't understand this, especially at high end stores where sales/commission is pretty important. I just don't get what their deal is

Yes I agree with you all that I do get treated little better when I'm more dressed up but I must say, I'm scared to shop there unless I know exactly what I want. ESP the shoe dept, I feel like if I try something on and decide I don't like the way it looks or don't want it I get dirty looks and even more attitude. I feel much better off at Saks

What's with the tude of the employees at these high end stores? I find this is a pretty common thing, i live in canada where our luxury department store is holt renfrew and even there the SAs seem very judgemental and unwelcoming. I don't understand this, especially at high end stores where sales/commission is pretty important. I just don't get what their deal is

I totally agree with this. I don't understand because when people are snooty it makes me not want to spend money with them. The nicer the person is usually the more I'll spend. I actually only order from BG's website because I don't get a good vibe when I'm in the store.
All the talk of rude sales associates reminds me of the SNL Jeffrey sketch. So funny!

Recently purchased a pair of Herve Van der Straeten earrings at the NYC store. The store's price was $15 more than the online price. The earrings were not on sale in either place. I called customer service twice. They told me that they would forward my request to the store. The second time i called they were able to give me the name of the SA that helped me. Never heard back. I called and spoke directly to the SA. He remembered me and said he would speak to his manager. Haven't heard back.
$15 is not a lot of money but $15 in my pocket is better than $15 in a corporations pocket.
Poor customer service from Bergdorf Goodman.

I've always enjoyed exceptional customer service at BG, especially in the shoe dept. I am not rich, thin, or young. I will admit that the Chanel handbags service is not that attentive, but I have never been looking seriously, either.

I think shoes is hard because it's always so crowded. But they do have the greatest shoes-- one of the only Roger Vivier sources in the city.

Whoever said they wore sweat clothes -- I am quite sure they know you live close by and can afford to buy.

I have had good service most of the time there.

Ever since my first visit around 20 years ago, Bergdorf has been my favorite store in the whole world. However, as lulilu said, they know whether you are a local or not.