Beowulf

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
The warrior Beowulf must fight and defeat the monster Grendel who is terrorizing towns, and later, Grendel's mother, who begins killing out of revenge.
(from imdb)

If you were a fan of 300, you'd really like this. Critics have compared the two movies.

I've actually never seen 300, but I was really excited to see this because I remember reading the epic poem in college. I'd be lying if I said I was really familiar with the poem, but I do know the gist of it.

The film was very exciting. I think it has something for everyone: swordfights, action, violence, love, relationships . . . . the young, hot Beowulf taking his shirt of . . . Angelina Jolie . . . .

Ok I saw the movie, wasnt that bad. Oh and I saw it in 3D.It's amazing what they do with movies now. He was nude in the movie too and they just conviently kept covering that part of him up that was a little funny, But I got to say just because a movie is in a animation of some sort of way shape and or form doesn't mean its for ALL children. people were bringing in 3 and 4 yr olds, I understand maybe the excitment of the 3D but come on, NO 3yr old needs to see a man being ripped apart by some insane looking 1/2 man 1/2 creature and an virtual naked angelina jolie. I dont have children but seriously when should people draw the line. my friend says kids are desensitized to violence and nudity now but 3-4 yr old am I over reacting or just being naive.

Ok, I thought it should have been rated R--lots of gore, not suitable for children, bawdyness, mild semi nudity, but especially for the violence....

I saw it in 3d so, that made the movie, but it was not as good as I though it would be...it was good, but not great...

If you've seen the 300, that and Beowulf DO NOT compare.....the 300 was great...

Bewulf grade:

B-/C+

I just watched it yesterday at the IMAX theatre in 3D.

Very neat experience! The story overall was okay, but the animation and 3D made up for it.
And I agree that this isn't a movie for kids, it's rather violent and gorey with a bit of nudity. Like a rated R video games...however, worth watching.

I'm not even going to watch it. I saw an old version with Cristopher Lambert (I think that's his name), and found the story a tad boring. I'd rather watch 300 again anytime!