Food Bento Boxes

blueeyedgirl

Fashion Addict!
O.G.
May 16, 2008
My newest obsession is bento boxes. Does anyone on here make them? They can be quick and easy to pack for lunch, and they are fun to make.

I'd love to trade tips, recipes and pictures of your favs if you make them!

Love them and think they are adorable. Years ago I babysat for a family I was very close with and I remember on one of our play dates another child brought a bento box filled with delicious things for lunch. I love how everything is so compartmentalized. I don't know why but I am really into disposable tupper ware and storage containers that separate/store various foods. I love little containers for transporting dips for snacks and what have you.
Love bento boxes because there are all those little areas for bringing random treats...doesn't have to be just for Japanese Cuisine. You can put a sandwich in one part, carrots in another and a little treat in the last spot.
I have not purchased one for myself but did find a cute one online awhile ago. You've inspired me to find it. I always order the bento box option for lunch in Japanese restaurants. A taste of everything!

oh man my mom used to make these for me back in elementary school...idk why but japanese moms must have some special bred skills or something! Everyday she'll wake up and hour early to prepare our lunch. And she bought me all the cutest sanrio bento boxes with matching cutlery. Normally she'd put half rice with some furikake, other half packed with edamame, gyoza, and tamago. And always Capri Sun...lol. given the time it's so easy to get creative with these things! I miss them.....!

i have two traditional japanese bento boxes, but i would get so hungry by the end of work b/c they have very small volume, so now i use a mr. bento. it's pretty nice! but i have to admit that sometimes i get lazy and just put fruit, veggies, and sandwich (cut up into pieces) in there.

I use a bento box for lunch at work. I don't make anything cute to put in them. Mine has 3 separate small compartments and I basically use it as portion control for my food. One compartment has my salad, another has my fruits and the last one has my rice. If it doesn't fit in there then I don't eat it.