Review benefit, they're real mascara.

ashleyroe

back from a hiatus!
Aug 26, 2009
to sum up in one word, horrible.

i got a sample size of this because of the new option for the sephora birthday gift. and i'm always looking for new better alternatives to any make up. you don't know whats out there unless you try it.

well i dont normally write sephora reviews or rants/raves here but i was so horrified by what they were passing off as mascara i had to say something.

i know a ton of people love this mascara but i honestly can not see why.

it was extremely clumpy. the clumpiest i've ever seen. it was very wet and i felt like it would never dry, it also didnt seem to cover the lashes well. and if it did start to show up the lashes just instantly stuck together. i didn't care for the application and the brush was less than impressive.

i immediately threw this in the trash after application.

the watts up! highlighter is good though!

I had the same experience with it! I'ts definitely a clump fest. The only way I've found it looks good is when I only use one coat. It comes out fairly natural and clump free that way.

Usually I am a huge fan of benefit cosmetics but is time I have to complain. I saw this mascara at Sephora last week and after watching one of my favorite makeup bloggers on YouTube use it I figured why not give it a shot. So sorry I did.

The mascara is called they're real. Implying that your lashes will be so incredible that people will mistake them for being falsies. LIES. The formula made my lashes clump together and it dries so fast that you can't even comb through them. It made my eyelashes dry and not even full or long. The brush is super awkward and I did not feel comfortable using it.

I wore it for a full day giving it the benefit of the doubt (no pun intended lol) and as the day went on my lashes looked like they got flatter, as if the mascara was weighing them down until eventually by night my lashes looked like I never even put mascara on to begin with.

Honestly, the formula is very cheap on this product. I prefer l'oreal telescopic that this. For the money spent it is a huge regret. I would say don't even bother with this one ladies!

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't think this is the be-all end-all for mascaras. I was really disappointed. It didn't do anything the salesgirl at Sephora told me it would. It does make my lashes look thicker, but in a fuzzy, clumpy way and it does not curl my lashes at all. However, it does NOT leave rings or smudges under by eyes like some other mascaras.

I also love it. I have sensitive eyes, wear contacts and need a long wearing formula mascara to prevent racoon eyes. This and Clinique's Lash Power are the ones for me.

What I love about They're Real is that it goes on smoothly without a lot of effort. No smudges or flakes throughout the day and it's to easy to take off, especially compared to Lash Power, which takes forever to come off.

Oh and to avoid clumping I always wipe off excess mascara on a paper towel (not on a tissue because of the fibers) before applying it. That really does the trick.

I am using the mascara right now! I like the applicator because it gets my bottom and side eyelashes nicely. I like the sample size too because I carry way too many stuff in my makeup purse. So far, it's working well and isn't clumpy. Sorry to hear about your experience!