Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor split after 17 year marriage

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
From Huffpost:
Sad - I really thought with his parents long marriage and him seeming like a nice, normal guy, they'd stay together

Actors Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor are calling it quits after 17 years of marriage, the couple announced on Friday.

“With tremendous love and respect for each other, and the 18 years we spent together as a couple, we have made the decision to separate,” the couple said in a joint statement to Entertainment Tonight. “Our priority will continue to be raising our children as devoted parents and the closest of friends. We kindly ask that the media respect our privacy at this time.”

Stiller, 51, and Taylor, 45, met in 1999 on set of the never-aired TV pilot “Heat Vision and Jack.” After a short engagement, they married in May 2000 in Hawaii. The couple have two children together; Ella Olivia, 15, and Quinlin Dempsey, 11.

In 2013, Stiller opened up about his relationship with Taylor to Parade magazine. “[Our] relationship was a gradual thing that happened over a quick period of time, maybe seven or eight months,” he said. “We just started hanging out with each other and it developed into, “Wow, this feels great. I really like this person. I think I love this person. I really do - I love this person.” It hit me out of the blue.”

News of the split comes as somewhat of a surprise, given that the “Zoolander 2” star told “ET” that the secret to the couple’s long-lasting marriage was “having a sense of humor.”

“I think you got to laugh. Because you know after a while you know life is life you know?” Stiller said in February 2016. “We all have to deal with what life throws at us, so you got to have a sense of humor about it. If you can share that, at the end, it makes a huge difference.”

I know I read on some gossip site a while back that he was not a faithful guy. I thought "oh no, I love Ben Stiller!"

This is sad, I wonder how much his cancer had to do with this, people change when bad things hit, some do better, some not.

I know I read on some gossip site a while back that he was not a faithful guy. I thought "oh no, I love Ben Stiller!"

This is sad, I wonder how much his cancer had to do with this, people change when bad things hit, some do better, some not.
I don't recall hearing about cancer....is he healthy now? and I didn't hear he was unfaithful but I guess these people have so much opportunity....

AH ok. I see some firsthand accounts. To some he is top 3 worst people to work with.

"Ben alienated most of the cast and crew on the film ‘Little Fockers’ with his vain and self-absorbed behavior. When he wasn’t obsessing over his looks, he was throwing temper tantrums and screaming at underlings. The crew referred to him as a ‘little focker’ because of his outrageous conduct … Ben’s ego has gone off the charts … he flipped out on a female assistant director for some perceived mistake and then screamed at the top of his lungs, ‘I never want to work with this woman again!’ before storming off the set. He refused to come back until the poor woman was gone. She was dismissed and the next day a male replacement was brought in to appease Ben … Ben wouldn’t eat the catered craft services food and insisted his assistant and two personal chefs be allowed to park right on set.”

Could he just be a prick that Christine Taylor decided to no longer tolerate?

"Ben Stiller was a dick. I get that directing and starring in a movie at the same time is a big responsibility, but OH MY GOD all he did was whine. And complain. And throw temper tantrums that made me embarrassed as a fellow human being. Seriously, he whined that the takes were taking too long to set up. He tantrummed (sic) that the crew members weren't moving fast enough. He argued. He complained. It was really awkward. Here he was, bundled up in a huge coat while all of the people in the shot shivered with NO coats, drinking coffee and bullying crew members as his very smiley and very blonde wife brought him Starbucks."

http://www.yourtango.com/2017303257/rumors-reasons-ben-stiller-christine-taylor-divorce