Belt query - advice please!

hi wonder if anyone can help. sorry if i sound dumb but recently bought the 90cm togo/black box belt combo off a lovely seller on ebay. (for ref its this one:

http://uk.hermes.com/webapp/wcs/sto...01&skyProductId=35264&parentCategoryId=135537

i should have measured properly but its a little too big for me. i don't live near an H store. so is it safe to get extra holes added at a regular leather/shoe repair store? also, i know this sounds very dumb but i've never had a reversible H belt before - so its fine set up on the black box side outwards, but when i flip it over to get the gold on the outside it seems more fiddly to get the buckle and belt to lie smoothly, and the closure pin thru the corresponding hole. is there a knack to doing this??

I had extra holes added at Hermes but I'm sure a cobbler would do it easily.

And my 2 sides are slightly different too, in terms of lying smoothly. Seems to have got easier with wear.

HTH!

I would ask the cobbler to add a couple extra holes and space them the same as the original holes. My belts have extra holes (but done at the H boutique) so I can wear them through my pant loops or around my waist.

I've noticed it too.

I just presumed that it's due to the way the belt is stored in the box, the direction it is curled up in will kind of stay. The non-reversable belts will be curled in the way that they are worn, so it won't be noticable on those.