Belt kit question

matt-g

Jan 8, 2009
I'll be in Europe in June and I was thinking of getting a new belt. I really like the Muse buckle available in Europe but not yet available at the SCP store:

picture.php

picture.php

My question is, do they make the reversible belts in a wider variety of color combinations than the ones available on the website? I'd love to get a dark green/black or dark green/dark brown. Is that something that I might be able to find at the FSH store?

Btw, here are 3 more buckles only available on the French H site:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The name of the above buckle is Quizz.

TIA!

BH store's buyer didn't order the MUSE buckle either but my SA found them in Vegas a couple of months ago(they had tons of them was what I was told). DH loves his new belt! We actually saw the buckle in San Diego also.

I'm not sure about color combo on the leather.... but dark green certainly sounds nice.... I'm thinking vert olive~~ Good luck!

BH store's buyer didn't order the MUSE buckle either but my SA found them in Vegas a couple of months ago(they had tons of them was what I was told). DH loves his new belt! We actually saw the buckle in San Diego also.

I'm not sure about color combo on the leather.... but dark green certainly sounds nice.... I'm thinking vert olive~~ Good luck!

Hi Boo,

Thanks for letting me know they are available in the US. I now just have to choose between the brushed or polished. I'll most likely go with the brushed, as it's less flashy. I liked the belt kits conceptually, but I'm very anti-logo (which is one of the reasons I love Hermès in the first place). The Muse is an interesting design that doesn't shout out its presence, though I think every H lover would instantly recognize the design.

The only dilemma I have is deciding on whether to settle or hope that the next store will have the color I want. I have a bad habit of hitting H boutiques even in cities I've never been to, and on this trip I plan on visiting at least 3 new-to-me H stores.

OK, I now realize I have a problem.... :smile:

Hi Matt-G,
SCP and BH have a decent selection of belt straps- they tend to stock conservative colors that will appeal to most clients. You could take a chance that another store has exactly the combination of colors you want but your likelihood of success is left to chance. My recommendation would be to get a nice basic belt and then special order exactly the leather and color combination you want. I am sure the SD at either BH or SCP would be happy to place an order for you. They probably can get you just the buckle you want as well from Paris.
t*c

Hi Matt-G,
SCP and BH have a decent selection of belt straps- they tend to stock conservative colors that will appeal to most clients. You could take a chance that another store has exactly the combination of colors you want but your likelihood of success is left to chance. My recommendation would be to get a nice basic belt and then special order exactly the leather and color combination you want. I am sure the SD at either BH or SCP would be happy to place an order for you. They probably can get you just the buckle you want as well from Paris.
t*c

Thanks so much! That's exactly what I wanted to know. I'd already planned on asking if it's possible to get a belt as a special order. I'm partial to H's dark greens and I wanted to get two belts made: one black/olive and the other dark brown and either vert fonce or vert veronese. I'd even be happy to pay in advance as I know green is not a hugely popular color. While looking up the Kelly Blue Book value of my car, I was disappointed to see that simply its being green reduced the value! :smile:

Thanks again!

Hi Boo,

Thanks for letting me know they are available in the US. I now just have to choose between the brushed or polished. I'll most likely go with the brushed, as it's less flashy. I liked the belt kits conceptually, but I'm very anti-logo (which is one of the reasons I love Hermès in the first place). The Muse is an interesting design that doesn't shout out its presence, though I think every H lover would instantly recognize the design.

The only dilemma I have is deciding on whether to settle or hope that the next store will have the color I want. I have a bad habit of hitting H boutiques even in cities I've never been to, and on this trip I plan on visiting at least 3 new-to-me H stores.

OK, I now realize I have a problem.... :smile:

I love planning my trips around H stores that I can visit!! :lol: 3 new H stores sounds like lots of fun~~

DH is exactly like you in terms of not wanting to have the logo be so in-your-face. That's why he picked the Muse and not the big H buckle.

Getting a special color combo sounds great!! There was actually an etoupe and brown or etoupe and black combo that I liked but DH said he's not hip enough to pull off the color etoupe.......

good luck !!