Belt Help!!

Cookies1993

May 11, 2012
On Boxing Day,I bought my Damier Ebene Initials belt from the LV store in Selfridges-Oxford Street. Where the material is sealed in a darker brown, it slightly overlaps less than 1mm onto the chequered pattern itself, however this has started to peel off? Is this normal? Also it is used and has gone past the 30 days period. I don't want to go to the store and get embarrassed. Can anyone offer any advice to me? Thanks

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Hi Cookies, I don’t have experience with a belt, but I wanted to say that you shouldn’t feel embarrassed to take any item back to the store and ask them for help, that’s what they’re there for. Even if it’s over 30 days they should be able to help you.

If the glazing is peeling off it’s a good idea to fix it before it gets worse… hth

yes its normal to peel and eventually curve up at the back as this happend with all my belts and from us sitting down and the belt having to hold in place etc.....dont worry too much as we purchase goods to use and abuse looking and feeling beautiful in them.

This is happening with my mono belt...and it's also curving and totally warped, which is frustrating beyond measure! It's to the point where I'd rather wear no belt at all because its so annoying.
And when I sit down the belt kinda flips over at the front because its warped so when I stand up I have to keep flipping my belt back over. I expect way better from an LV belt! *stupidcoatedcanvas*

Don't be embarrassed. They are used to people coming in to ask for advice, particularly at the busy London locations. I have the same belt and I've never had any problems. I'd take it in right away, it may be deemed defective.

Don't be embarrassed. They are used to people coming in to ask for advice, particularly at the busy London locations. I have the same belt and I've never had any problems. I'd take it in right away, it may be deemed defective.

Hmm, two of friends have the same belt too-theirs aren't like this. The main thing I'm worried about is the fact I will have had the belt for more than 1 month, nearly 1month and a half. Also I've been reading it up, fake belts seem to peel, (mine isn't btw haha) just would awkward if they said it was?

Hmm, two of friends have the same belt too-theirs aren't like this. The main thing I'm worried about is the fact I will have had the belt for more than 1 month, nearly 1month and a half. Also I've been reading it up, fake belts seem to peel, (mine isn't btw haha) just would awkward if they said it was?

I can't see the photo but from your description that sounds normal. If you're talking about the rubber seal that's covering the edge of the canvas and leather that sounds normal. The 'extra' bit of the seal is just peeling off - as long as the part that is supposed to be there is intact it should be fine. Both my wallets have done what you're describing!

I can't see the photo but from your description that sounds normal. If you're talking about the rubber seal that's covering the edge of the canvas and leather that sounds normal. The 'extra' bit of the seal is just peeling off - as long as the part that is supposed to be there is intact it should be fine. Both my wallets have done what you're describing!

surely a product like this shouldn't happen, I've got a damier graphite wallet, it hasnt happened to that. I think I'm going to ring them up and maybe go to the store to see what they say..

thanks!

Just wanted to let anyone else know if they encountered this problem as well- I went to the store today, I got told that its normal, because the canvas is textured and smooth, the brown seal can peal off due this. They will repair it if the canvas is showing.