Belt bag vs Loewe puzzle?

mama_nacho

May 21, 2020
Hi all - as the title states, I’m debating between a Celine belt bag (micro) and Loewe puzzle (small).

I know they’re pretty different bags, but I like that they’re both understated. Anyone here own both?Or who can speak to comparing the two?

Thanks for any thoughts!

Hi. I have a micro belt bag and I've been looking at buying the small puzzle so have been into the Loewe shop on a number of occasions to look at it. The micro belt bag is a much bigger bag in my opinion. I think a nano belt bag would be similar in capacity to the small puzzle. The obvious difference is that the belt bag is more structured whereas the puzzle bag is a softer leather, also comes in a lovely natural tan colour and is probably more under the radar than a belt bag. They are both beautiful bags and it would be difficult to decide between the two of them.

I have the Celine belt bag in the nano size and I love it! It fits everything I need, even a smaller water bottle. I've seen the micro size and while it's cute, it would def be too small for my everyday needs. The small Loewe Puzzle is on my list as well but I think it might not age as well due to its softer leather. I feel like you would def need a bag organizer to keep the Puzzle in good condition over time. I'd say the Loewe is more casual and Celine more classy & chic, so it depends on your style. You can always get the Loewe bag new and the Celine belt bag via consignment ;)

Reactions: julia.pa
I have the Celine belt in the nano size and the Loewe in the small size. I agree with the post above that the nano belt is more comparable to the Loewe small puzzle. The micro belt is much more spacious. In the sizes that I own both bags look great when worn crossbody or handheld. The puzzle looks better worn on the shoulder than the nano belt. The nano is more versatile in terms of dressing up or down, and the puzzle is more casual. Both bags are incredibly chic in my opinion. Both bags are pretty durable, but the puzzle is actually more worry-free.
My toddler has scratched my Loewe bag and I never got around to conditioning the leather but it seems that the scratch marks just faded away. In the small size, though the puzzle is made of soft leather it’s shape is still the same. I absolutely love both bags, but I would get the puzzle first. I use it more often because I find it to be more casual and more durable than the belt bag.
If you’re looking for a bag that would take you from day to night then I’d go for the belt bag in the nano size.
Btw, I wouldn’t buy either bag for full price. Celine you can get preloved in excellent condition even in their neutral colors and the puzzle you can get from Saks or NM when they have a promotion or gift card event. If you go through rakuten you could save even more. I saved an additional 10% just by going through rakuten. Due to the pandemic I’ve noticed that retailers are having a lot more sales and promotions than usual.

I don’t have the Celine belt bag but I have the puzzle in size small. I have looked at the Celine bag but I ended up getting the puzzle because I felt it was more casual and loved the slouchy look esp when you hand carry the bag. While I don’t baby my bags, I do take care for them and I have to say the puzzle is very carefree. I use it when it rains and it does so well. The inside is a nice fabric as well and I love that I can carry it crossbody or by the handle. I think the Celine is a beautiful bag too, timeless and so beautiful in the neutral colors. As the previous posts mention, I do think it looks more dressy because it is more structured but I think it is a very versatile bag. I’m not really helping you am I? One con that people mention is that the small puzzle has a small opening to get your things in and out. I don’t really find it to be an issue honestly. I believe the Celine will have a wider opening based on the design but again I don’t have that bag to say with certainty. Anyways I just wanted to say I love my puzzle. I too got mine on sale way before the pandemic and I agree with the previous poster that you can find the puzzle on sale if you are patient, esp during these times as more retailers are on sale it seems. I have the smooth leather tan one with the silver (palladium?) hardware. Good luck deciding and keep us posted on what you decide!

Reactions: 880 and earthygirl
I don’t have the Celine belt bag but I have the puzzle in size small. I have looked at the Celine bag but I ended up getting the puzzle because I felt it was more casual and loved the slouchy look esp when you hand carry the bag. While I don’t baby my bags, I do take care for them and I have to say the puzzle is very carefree. I use it when it rains and it does so well. The inside is a nice fabric as well and I love that I can carry it crossbody or by the handle. I think the Celine is a beautiful bag too, timeless and so beautiful in the neutral colors. As the previous posts mention, I do think it looks more dressy because it is more structured but I think it is a very versatile bag. I’m not really helping you am I? One con that people mention is that the small puzzle has a small opening to get your things in and out. I don’t really find it to be an issue honestly. I believe the Celine will have a wider opening based on the design but again I don’t have that bag to say with certainty. Anyways I just wanted to say I love my puzzle. I too got mine on sale way before the pandemic and I agree with the previous poster that you can find the puzzle on sale if you are patient, esp during these times as more retailers are on sale it seems. I have the smooth leather tan one with the silver (palladium?) hardware. Good luck deciding and keep us posted on what you decide!
i wholeheartedly agree with everything you said. If I had to choose one bag, it would hands down be the Loewe tan puzzle in small size. I do love the Celine belt also,but I can’t live without the puzzle. ☺️

I have the celine belt bag in the mini size, which is the size larger than the micro and I usually use it as a work/meetings bag. It is such an understated, beautiful and timeless bag and I always get compliments on it. I also have the Loewe puzzle in navy in the small size and use it primarily casually; it has held up very well, both the quality of the leather is superb and the shape and structure has soften a bit but still in really great condition. I have had both for a couple of years.

Thanks for all the thoughts! I decided to go with the Puzzle since my style is more casual (and I have a Chloe Faye Day that sort of serves the purpose the Celine belt would to me). I might still get a Celine belt in the future but would replace the Chloe or another bag in my collection

Now to decide on color of Puzzle

The bags you have mentioned are the ones I considered before getting my Loewe puzzle. I love the look of the Chloe Faye day too and how much it holds. I also like how Celine belt looks because it’s so classy and work appropriate.

However, I went for the small puzzle in tan in the end because how versatile it is. I can wear it for work and casual use. It is also super lightweight and the leather is just soooo soft (but it doesn’t lose its structure easily). It’s just a shame that we don’t have a dedicated forum for Loewe in tpf...

when it comes to bags, I think weight is super important because we all need to protect our backbones...

Thanks for all the thoughts! I decided to go with the Puzzle since my style is more casual (and I have a Chloe Faye Day that sort of serves the purpose the Celine belt would to me). I might still get a Celine belt in the future but would replace the Chloe or another bag in my collection

Now to decide on color of Puzzle

Thanks for starting this post! After reading it, I went ahead to order the Loewe small Puzzle bag :heart: I love the understated and casual looking of this bag! It will be my everyday bag :smile:

• Love
Reactions: mama_nacho and 880
Thanks for starting this post! After reading it, I went ahead to order the Loewe small Puzzle bag :heart: I love the understated and casual looking of this bag! It will be my everyday bag :smile:

I'm also looking to get it - I'm not sure whether to get sand mink or the light caramel with gold hardware!! The sand mink would match with everything and is the safer option. At the same time I dont have any bags in a tan/caramel color and the combo is so gorgeous!

• Love
Reactions: 880