Belly vs Veneta

Jun 6, 2010
Hello

I am a newbie looking to buy my first BV. Can anyone educate me on the difference between a belly and veneta? Any preferences? Also do both styles come with a mirror? Any advice would be most appreciated!

The veneta is a flat bag whereas the belly is a veneta with the bottom corners rounded. Personally, I think it's easier to take things in and out of the belly because the belly has more room at the bottom but some people may feel that the belly is bulkier than the veneta. To my knowledge, both styles come with mirrors. If you can get to a BV store, you should try both styles and see what you like more. There are also photos in the style reference threads so you can see how the bags look on people. HTH!

It really is a matter of personal taste and what feels comfortable to carry. I'm with ellie - I love the belly. My large nero belly is my go to travel bag - easy to get into and it sits well under my airplane seat or on the passenger car seat when driving solo. You do need to try on both the veneta and the belly and ask your SA if you can stuff her with the items you carry in your purse. Both bags will loosen up quite a bit. So, if the belly feels wide, she will slouch down over time and feel more comfortable. Both come with mirrors to the best of my knowledge.

I prefer the large veneta over the large belly. I've read where some say the large belly is like the maxi in size. I don't mind when I carry my belly on my shoulder but when I put it down it's so wide and looks so cumbersome. Just my opinion.

I have a large Belly Veneta
Even though it is only a large
it is equivalent to the Maxi Veneta
When I was deciding
I put them both on
I am 5'2"
The Maxi looked like a kite on me
The Large Belly Veneta was just right
because of the pleating on the corners that creates the round effect
It looked better
The Maxi Veneta dwarfed me where the Belly didn't

My advice is don't buy either without visiting a boutique and trying them on. You won't be obligated to buy on the spot, but it is important to see it on you and see how you feel wearing either one. It is a major purchase and you want to be sure! Good luck!

I prefer veneta as I am petit in height and I feel belly is too big for me. Venata has always been and still will be my most favorite item of all the purses I owned.

Thank you for all the advice. Went to the BV store and tried on bags. The workmanship is amazing!

Now I find myself deciding between a medium veneta or a campana! Any experiences or preferences?

Thank you for all the advice. Went to the BV store and tried on bags. The workmanship is amazing!

Now I find myself deciding between a medium veneta or a campana! Any experiences or preferences?
So funny you ask this! I was deciding between the large compana or large veneta and just can't get used to the wide drape of the large veneta on me. I still lust for the Compana, but being in NYC and using public transportation, I prefer total closure and opted for the medium veneta instead. Surprisingly I can fit a key case, cell phone, (falls out of the tiny cell pocket. I use that for dental floss) 3 eye glass cases, pack of kleenex, lip gloss, mirror, wallet and sometimes checkbook. I prefer to wear it as an evening bag so I can eliminate two of the eye glass cases and it isn't so full. I did, however, wear it today to work. It was drizzling out and I just love the bag!!

Good luck! You have quite a wonderful decision to make. I hope I was able to help a little bit. PS: If they ever come out with a fully secured closure on the Compana, I intend to buy it!

Is the large veneta that much smaller than he large campana? It doesn't sound like it holds all that much. I need to carry wallet, sunglass case, cosmetic bag phone and iPad. Which would work? I am also considering the drawstring tote aka bella and the large bucket bag with the sngle strap.

Welcome Viaggiare! Your best bet, if you are near a BV boutique, would be to try on the different styles and see how they feel on. It will help eliminate choices.

Well, I already did that and tried on the med. and large Campana, the Bella and the large bucket (not the official name). I wasn't even considering the Veneta but I am now because I'm not sure I like how open the Campana is. I really wish there were a size between the med. and large Campana. The Bella was very comfortable as a shoulder bag but I am concerned about the strap driving me crazy. The bucket is still a possibility. My DH wants to get me something for Christmas and I'm a little indecisive. Can you tell?