bellvue or saleya?

paperbunnie

Jul 30, 2007
im so conflicted! i want a shoulder tote bag and ive narrowed it down to the bellvue amarante or the saleya mm.. but i dont know which one to get!

i like the saleya b/c its practical, its sturdy and the material is durable, but i like the bellvue b/c it looks 'special' and also b/c i have the damier speedy 30 and other accessories in the damier..so it would be nice to have somethign different.

i want one of these bags to bring to work everyday so it will go through a lot.. so which one should i choose? one that is practical and durable? or one that is different from the things i already have!?

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to Ambassador cardmembers.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 threadand share your hauls with the community!

I love Louis

Oct 17, 2007
New Jersey
I would get the saleya, maybe in damier azur so it's different from your speedy. The MM is a great size as a shoulder bag and though the bellevue in amarante is beaaaautiful, the saleya is way more practical... Good luck deciding!

Brutus1

O.G.
Oct 30, 2007
I am biased because I have the Bellevue GM in Amarante and I love it!!
It is a great bag and holds a lot!

narico

Always Ready to Shop
O.G.
Feb 5, 2008
I would think the Bellevue as well because Vernis is just so beautiful!!

The Saleya is very practical and large but I tried putting alot of stuff in and it really hurt my shoulders after some time. And, if you are getting a Saleya, I think the Ebene is definitely a better color IMO. I especially love the red Alcantara lining!

paperbunnie

Jul 30, 2007
aww. thanks for your replies! the only thing thats turning me away from the saleya azur is the patina on the handles. im afraid i wont like that way it looks after it patinas :sad:

sweetneet

over the moon
Aug 8, 2007
TX
i like the saleya in azur. seems more appropriate for a work bag. and you can carry it on your shoulder too

and i don't know what i really mean by "more appropriate for work", i practically own nothing but vernis bags and i take them all to work :P but i'm just saying, if you want something to take to work *everyday* i'd choose something more versatile and classic. if you already have the damier speedy, then just got the saeleya in a different color (azur)

PoohBeez

“Fashion changes, but style endures” -Coco Chanel
O.G.
May 28, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
I have an Azur Saleya MM and I love it, though i have to admit that sometimes when i put too much heavy stuffs inside it hurts my shoulder abit....But otherwise is a very practical bag for work/ casual.

It really depends on which material you favor most...if you don't own a vernis bag, this may be a good start.

lilled

Aug 14, 2006
Denmark
Both are lovely - but I would probably go for a Saleya Azur if you want an everyday bag...
Good luck on your choise...

Jun 28, 2006
California
For everyday, I would go with the Saleya. It is more subtle. Just make sure you are okay with rolled handles. Personally, I don't mind the rolled handles but I have heard others complain about it. I must say, I am very very happy with my Saleya.