Bellevue - What do you think?

burberrygrl

Feb 24, 2008
Hi,

As I posted on a previous thread, my choice of Alma PM for Mother's Day is now out of the running. However, I did see that Bellevue in Bleu Nuit IRL and it's actually striking in that color. But I'm not sure if I'm 100% sold on the shape. I tried both the PM and the GM and am undecided on size as well.

What do you TPFers think of the shape?

For those who own it, what are the pros/cons?

Thanks so much!

i actually own one...
pros: it's cute
cons: you almost have to baby it b/c of the shape...the shape is very unique, and fragile if you ask me... and if get smooched or bent, it might stay that way lol (which doesnt look too good)...i keep the cardboard shaper that comes with it inside to keep the shape (when not in use)...all said it's nice...

I love the Bellevue, think it's gorgeous. I always admire it on others. I tried it recently for the first time and realized I can't do the shape. Only because I'm short and it doesn't fit right under my arm. If it fits you, i'd definitely buy it!

I have the bellevue gm in pomme, it is my favorite bag, it's gorgeous, comfortable, and I don't think the shape is fragile at all, this is the one bag I feel I don't have to baby, I like that the shape is slightly different than a regular tote, I am in love with this bag!!

Not a fan of the Belleve, as I'm always concerned about how aged vachetta & vernis look together. OP, have you considered the larger Alma (MM), since you seem to like that style bag?

Very interesting and helpful, thanks!

lilmountaingirl - I love the Brea, but I sort of have my heart set on Bleu. I may have to look again!

crystalrnc - The Alma MM just looked SO BIG on me. I do love the look though.

I love the way the Bellevue looks but when I got one for Christmas, I actually exchanged it. It was awkward when I had it on my shoulder. It felt as if my arm was jutting out because of the wide bottom. Bleu nuit is a gorgeous colour and if you find the Bellevue comfortable, go for it :tup: