belle du jour clutch size question

Aug 17, 2010
I recently saw this clutch in the latest Nordstrom catalogue and fell in love with it. I finally took the plunge and ordered it in black patent. I was not sure about the sizes so I ordered both the medium and large. I will keep only one. I was curious as to which size most of you have and prefer. I am a big bag girl, I always tend to gravitate towards the biggest size of most styles. I will be using it for evening mainly. If any of you have modeling shots I would love to see those too. TIA!!

I have the large size and it's oversized really. Fits my small wallet, iPhone, keys, compact, lipstick with plenty of room. Here's a modeling pic of the large. Because it's bigger it works for day or evening. The medium is just a little smaller but it's a bit dressier IMO and perfect for evening events.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I have the large size and it's oversized really. Fits my small wallet, iPhone, keys, compact, lipstick with plenty of room. Here's a modeling pic of the large. Because it's bigger it works for day or evening. The medium is just a little smaller but it's a bit dressier IMO and perfect for evening events.

attachment.php

Cosmopolitan--is that pic of the mauve?

I was just at the YSL in NYC. I loved the large size, it was a good size bigger than the medium and would fit allot more IMO. I also inquired about a flat black leather on (not patent) and the SA advsd they are coming out with reg. black in the spring. Im undecided if i want to wait and get that one or patent now.

Mamaluvsbags - Im pretty sure that pic is of the mauve color.

hmm, I am leaning towrds the large now but I guess I will wait and see when they both get here.
oasisgirl -- the prune looks amazing! it looks very rich, almost burgundy. verrry pretty! if you want you could get prune in one size and the black in another. NM had the prune and forest green in medium on sale for $264. I think they are all gone now but they may get them back soon.
My SA at Nordstrom said they are sold out in black since its been a very popular item.
I'll let u gals know how I like it since I have not seen it IRL.

oasisgirl, I was looking at your link, did u pay $695 for the large? the large is $425 everywhere else. why the price difference? and the medium sells for $395. i'm confused...

Hi shoppinglv
I come from Rome and i bought the clutch at my local ysl store.
I paid my bag 220 euro ,because it's on sale(private sale) and they had only one in this colour. did I get a bargain?
i took this picture just for example.