Believe in ghosts? Come share your brushes with paranormal phenomena!

When I was seven I was visiting my grandmother in South Africa. She lived in a very old apt. complex. One night I woke up and there was a man standing with his back facing me at the end of my bed. I could see his aura (although at the time I didn't know about things like that), and he had red hair. I pulled the covers over my head and still remember how TERRIFIED I was!! When I looked again...he was gone. I told my mom about it in the morning.Soon after our trip was over and we left SA and came back to the U.S. A few months later my grandmother went to visit a lady that was a new acquaintance and also claimed to be a psychic. After sitting down for tea she told my grandmother that she had arrived at her house with a spirit...a red-haired man....anyway...I have never forgotten it.....and THAT is my ghost story!!!

SORRY I POSTED TWICE AND DON"T KNOW HOW TO GET RID OF IT!!!!! When I was seven I was visiting my grandmother in South Africa. She lived in a very old apt. complex. One night I woke up and there was a man standing with his back facing me at the end of my bed. I could see his aura (although at the time I didn't know about things like that), and he had red hair. I pulled the covers over my head and still remember how TERRIFIED I was!! When I looked again...he was gone. I told my mom about it in the morning.Soon after our trip was over and we left SA and came back to the U.S. A few months later my grandmother went to visit a lady that was a new acquaintance and also claimed to be a psychic. After sitting down for tea she told my grandmother that she had arrived at her house with a spirit...a red-haired man....anyway...I have never forgotten it.....and THAT is my ghost story!!!

I definitely believe in ghosts.I haven't had any real experiences,but I know people who have (I know a lady who captured hers in a photo).Hvae any of you ever watched 'Ghost Hunters' on Sci-Fi? I love that show! I was already a believer in the paranormal,but that show just confirmed what I already believed was true.If you want to catch it,it's on Wednesday nights at 8 and 9pm.

I do believe in something, I can't say for sure if it's technically ghosts. I have several experience in my last home and my neighbor had something going on last month and I went to her place to check it out and yes, I got the weirdest feeling and then the door know started going nuts. :weird:

Breyana said:
I definitely believe in ghosts.I haven't had any real experiences,but I know people who have (I know a lady who captured hers in a photo).Hvae any of you ever watched 'Ghost Hunters' on Sci-Fi? I love that show! I was already a believer in the paranormal,but that show just confirmed what I already believed was true.If you want to catch it,it's on Wednesday nights at 8 and 9pm.

Thanks for sharing! I'm going to try and catch that! I do watch 'A Haunting' on the Discovery Channel if I ever happen to catch it. Freaks me out but I just cant pull away. Also, A&E has some stuff sometimes.

annemerrick said:
When I was seven I was visiting my grandmother in South Africa. She lived in a very old apt. complex. One night I woke up and there was a man standing with his back facing me at the end of my bed. I could see his aura (although at the time I didn't know about things like that), and he had red hair. I pulled the covers over my head and still remember how TERRIFIED I was!! When I looked again...he was gone. I told my mom about it in the morning.Soon after our trip was over and we left SA and came back to the U.S. A few months later my grandmother went to visit a lady that was a new acquaintance and also claimed to be a psychic. After sitting down for tea she told my grandmother that she had arrived at her house with a spirit...a red-haired man....anyway...I have never forgotten it.....and THAT is my ghost story!!!

*shudders* Oh my O_o So that red haired man just followed your grandmother? That creeps me out even more to know they can leave the house with you. I've seen so many true stories like that on TV.

When we were visiting friends in Real de Catorce, Mexico, I was not feeling well so I went upstairs to lay down. I woke up an hour or so later, and there was an old woman dressed all in black (the clothing style was +/- 150 years old) standing next to me. Her face was very stern and her hair was drawn up into a bun on her head. I wasn't at all scared -- I could tell she was just concerned about me. I rolled over and went back to sleep, not really thinking anything about it. When I woke up next, it finally occurred to me that she had to have been a ghost. It felt like she belonged there, and was just doing either what her job or good manners required. I will never forget her . . . .

Sherri S. said:
When we were visiting friends in Real de Catorce, Mexico, I was not feeling well so I went upstairs to lay down. I woke up an hour or so later, and there was an old woman dressed all in black (the clothing style was +/- 150 years old) standing next to me. Her face was very stern and her hair was drawn up into a bun on her head. I wasn't at all scared -- I could tell she was just concerned about me. I rolled over and went back to sleep, not really thinking anything about it. When I woke up next, it finally occurred to me that she had to have been a ghost. It felt like she belonged there, and was just doing either what her job or good manners required. I will never forget her . . . .

Aw. . .now stories like that, I like.

I believe in ghosts and spirits but I've never actually encountered one. When I'm home by myself after a shower I blow dry my hair and sometimes I see black shadows move. I don't know if you could call that encountering a ghost. Whereas a childhood friend he had a ghost in his house and at nite the ghost would just flush his toilet all the time.

I went into a house once where I was renting a room, and turned down the front bedroom with a beautiful mountain view because I thought it felt like somebdy had died there. I was later told after I had rented another room that somebdy HAD died ther the year before! I've had dreams that come true, and been told things in dreams that happen to people across the country while I was sleeping. My grandmother believed, my mother chose not to and I know I have had experiences with locked doors unlocking when I ask (witnessed!), and had several small, personal examples that I am watched over by grandparents. My mother however has always said that she didn't want to know when anybody wold die...how would she know it was possible? I think that's why she became a nurse!
Does it prove anything? Only that I believe!

Cool, i am fascinated by things like that. My Granny passed when i was in 4th grade - we went to her house almost everyday for my whole 10 years and i was her favorite (no, really, i was!) Anyway, a little bit after her funeral, i was sleeping. Now i am/was/always have been that person that sleeps like a ROCK. I mean nothin' wakes this chick up, sometimes not even the alarm clock! I have no idea what time it was, but i suddenly sat straight up in bed and there at the corner of my ceiling was my Granny surrounded by light, just kind of floating. I got really happy and said "Granny?" She said, "Yes it's me". I asked "What are you doing here?" "I just wanted to come and tell you that i'm okay" "You are?" "Yes, everything is alright." I smiled and said "Okay!" and fell back to sleep.

The next morning i was getting breakfast and very nonchalantly piped to my mom (Granny's daughter) "Oh, i talked to Gran last night!" "You did? What do you mean?" "Oh she just came to my room and woke me up to tell me she was okay. Can i have some Cheerios?"

On another note, i live in a very old historical apt. building and the room where my bedroom is, a couple used to live there and said no matter how 'tightly' they would make the bed, you could walk by even minutes later and you could see a 'butt imprint' as if someone was sitting on the bed. After that couple moved out, the lady who lived there before i moved in, had the apartment 'cleaned' and i don't mean with Windex... The butt print never returned to the bed, but then the lady's elderly mother died there, yes in my bedroom, but i love the place so much, i couldn't pass it up! And i haven't noticed any strange goings-on yet, but i'll let you know if i do!

abandonedimages: I haven't seen this thread back for a while. Thanks for bumping it back up. :smile:

I have another story to share as well: my geography teacher back in high school once matter-of-factly said during a break in class to us that he sincerely believed in ghosts. He said that the home that he and his wife and son lived in had a ghost. They had heard its footsteps quietly walking down the hallways on many occasions. Their home was fairly old, so the floorboards creaked whenever someone was walking across. They believe it was not an unfriendly ghost - ie, no extreme cold spots, no "terrifying incidents". They believed the ghost was a former occupant/previous owner of the home from a long time ago.

Two of my uncles, on two separate occasions, had seen ghosts as well. The first sighting took place on a country road in the very early morning hours (before the sun came up). The second sighting took place when one of my uncles was driving home one cold winter night.