Belen Echandia Woman: Our style & personality

Well what I see in this thread is a group of incredibly interesting and diverse ladies...I love that you bring individuality to everything you do. I love that you love your lives, or your kids, or your careers, and of course your leathers! I admire your talents - Tejas Mama - you express yourself so beautifully in writing. Audball you always have something nice to say. JNH14 love your passion. From all of you I can feel a genuine confidence and positive energy.

I'm a mom and a professional and I take great pride in everything I do. I'm aquarian and so creativity and unique-ness are important to me even though I spend most of my work time in the business community. I value an insightful thought, a moment to reflect and most of all simple, uncomplicated fun and that's what handbags bring to me.

Next?

I'm seeing a commonality in the posters of this thread: we like to be organized. Correct me if I'm wrong! A good handbag not only brings style to our lives, but it helps us organize our busy lives beautifully. That's both powerful and calming.

SHC,

Thank you for your kind words! Like you, I spent many years in the business community and it's so necessary to find ways to let your creativity flow and use your talents because--let's face it--an all day off-site strategy meeting is a bit more bearable with a great bag stocked with lots of goodies. Why do they send us to these beautiful locations only to be stuck in a hotel conference room drinking mediocre coffee, strapped into spectacularly uncomfortable chairs and armed with nothing more than a notepad, a wipeboard and our wits for two straight days?:shrugs: Thank goodness for wits.

Would love to hear more about what you do and how you use your creative talents in your work and outside of it.

Just love reading this thread and getting to know all you fascinating ladies...the backgrounds are so diverse and interesting.

Hi Ladies,

I am impressed with all the comments. I agree with many and thought I'd join in the fun.

I'm a stay at home mom and just adore every minute of it.

I finished graduate school but choose to stay home with my kids. For years I was so busy between home and school, that handbags just weren't a priority of mine unless they were either a diaper bag (high end, unique) or a backpack for my books.

Then once I graduated, I had more free time. I started a search for a high quality leather handbag. I was quite disappointed in my choices. I had already invested in a few designer ones like Coach and Louis. But, I never liked logos, so you can see my struggle. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't happy with so many styles when everyone around me was. What was I looking for in a handbag? Were my expecatations too high?

I recall one conversation with an aquaintance who once asked me, why I pay so much for a handbag without the logo where everyone can see I carry something expensive? I think it was at that moment, I searched even harder for my "perfect" handbag.

But, at times, I almost came to terms that I just might be forced into wearing a mainstream handbag without wanting to spend a fortune.

Then one day, I discovered this forum and began reading the reviews. I became intrigued. I knew the minute, I saw my Love Me, that is a handbag I will now "cherish" and not just own.

Thanks again to all who helped me find exactly what I was looking for!

Hi Ladies,

I am impressed with all the comments. I agree with many and thought I'd join in the fun.

I'm a stay at home mom and just adore every minute of it.

I finished graduate school but choose to stay home with my kids. For years I was so busy between home and school, that handbags just weren't a priority of mine unless they were either a diaper bag (high end, unique) or a backpack for my books.

Then once I graduated, I had more free time. I started a search for a high quality leather handbag. I was quite disappointed in my choices. I had already invested in a few designer ones like Coach and Louis. But, I never liked logos, so you can see my struggle. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't happy with so many styles when everyone around me was. What was I looking for in a handbag? Were my expecatations too high?

I recall one conversation with an aquaintance who once asked me, why I pay so much for a handbag without the logo where everyone can see I carry something expensive? I think it was at that moment, I searched even harder for my "perfect" handbag.

But, at times, I almost came to terms that I just might be forced into wearing a mainstream handbag without wanting to spend a fortune.

Then one day, I discovered this forum and began reading the reviews. I became intrigued. I knew the minute, I saw my Love Me, that is a handbag I will now "cherish" and not just own.

Thanks again to all who helped me find exactly what I was looking for!

Love your comments! I think part of what makes BE bags so appealing (in addition to their story, their quality and design) is that they aren't common. You know they're gorgeous and well made but they don't scream "LOOK HOW MUCH I PAID FOR A DESIGNER BAG!" when you walk out the door. People do a doubletake when they see it but it's becuase it's a gorgeous bag, not because it's got a logo on it.

And I do like logo bags on other people--just don't work for me.

What color Love Me do you have...and...got any pics?:graucho:

You know ladies... I love my BE, but I also love my LV -- but perhaps not for the status reasons some ladies like them. For me, LV is truly an old fashioned French look, and I do enjoy wearing my mono canvas Speedy for that feeling. But I'm using my choco Stroke Me now, and loving it. Depends totally on my mood and my fashion. For me, I'm going after certain looks and feelings and fun. BE gives me so much, and I agree with TejasMama, that I LOVE the fact that BE is gorgeous looking, but no one can place it. I LOVE THAT!

Tejasmama, thanks! I have the black crash. I can't say enough wonderful things about that type of leather. I"m looking forward to seeing what new colors Jackie brings out in the crash. It's very low maintaince.

You know ladies... I love my BE, but I also love my LV -- but perhaps not for the status reasons some ladies like them. For me, LV is truly an old fashioned French look, and I do enjoy wearing my mono canvas Speedy for that feeling. But I'm using my choco Stroke Me now, and loving it. Depends totally on my mood and my fashion. For me, I'm going after certain looks and feelings and fun. BE gives me so much, and I agree with TejasMama, that I LOVE the fact that BE is gorgeous looking, but no one can place it. I LOVE THAT!

Oh, I hope no one took any offense to my preferring non logoed bags...I do have an LV batignolles horizontal that I absolutely adore and love the design but I somehow feel a bit more conspicuous carrying it (and I'm around people who are very low key about labels in general).

And the French style thing? I didn't know much about Longchamps until I went to Paris this summer, and I fell in love with those bags! There was a woman on our train carrying one--she looked like the epitome of a well put together Parisian.

Back to the BE mystique..I saw a woman last week with an incredible leather bag. It was gorgeous and well made but I had no idea what brand it was...and I didn't have the nerve to ask her, but it was really well crafted. Maybe it was a BE!

Ladies, one thing is for certain-we all have excellent taste!:rolleyes: It's so nice to be among women who truly enjoy their lives and look forward to the future with relaxed and open minds. Cheers to all! (If I could I'd buy you all a margarita and we'd toast!)

I'd like to add another segment to this thread...what about your personality do you think encouraged you to buy a certain BE style?

For example, I tend to be girl scout/macgyver throwback in that you never know when you might need a swiss army knife/yellow highlighter/chocolate altoid/extra hairband that doubles as a slingshot. One of the things I love about the BE Love Me is that I tend to carry quite a bit of stuff but am tiring of my 'endless black hole' in my hobos, and this bag promises some organization. It's got a great middle zipper pocket to secure items when traveling and one side can be for my things while the other side is for my kids' goodies.

Plus, I love the subtle dark grey leather being punctuated by the bright fuschia lining. I think that is just amazing.

Now, if only DHL would hurry up and get here!

I am actually surprised at myself for buying the Stroke Me. I tend to not like slouchy, big hobo type bags. But when I was reading Jackie's post about traveling to Ecuador and choosing this bag...suddenly it seemed like a great bag to own. I love that it is so light. I love the bright lining that lets me see my stuff.
The Love Me I purchased after watching everyone post their pix and comments...and I was looking at the usual humdrum handbags that were showing up in the stores...and I realized: this bag is brilliant! And at a decent price too. (I mean, it's expensive, but not over a grand.)
The Clutch Me just seemed like the stylish, interesting clutch I've always wanted -- big enough to actually put things in. What surprised me is Jackie talking me into a WHITE clutch. The white screams chic -- I cannot tell you how much!
Bottom line: whenever I carry BE I feel totally and utterly CHIC. I know that I have the best bag in the world, truly, that nothing is better. And that I recognized this style by myself, without having advertising dollars or movie stars carrying the bag to "convince" me.

TejasMama, I think you and I share that "girlscout" mentality. I carry a number of "extras" on me that are anything but - one child has life-threatening food allergies and my other is on the autistic spectrum. My bag is full of "fidgets", anti-histamines, Epi pens, drawing pads/crayons, you name it! The Love Me was the bag that fit all my stuff and didn't look too large on me.

Certainly the phrase "...because I'm worth it!" ran through my head when I was buying this bag. The Love Me was an investment for me and I wanted to know that I was putting my money toward something beautiful, unique, and practical (kind of like the gal who owns her ;) !)....