Belen Echandia Wine "Stroke Me" Bag!

It is so wonderful to find other BE fans. I have the Stroke Me in Olive, Take Me Away in White and the Hold Me in Turquoise. Jackie is so lovely and helpful. My Stroke Me is the smaller one, now that I've seen the bigger one I'm going to get one. Darn it, why are there so many bags to lust after in the world?

morebags (or anyone else with the smaller version of the Stroke Me) - I would love to see someone carrying this style to get an idea of the size and how it falls. Can anyone comment on how much you can fit into the smaller size (I think what BE calls medium). I have a large SM and am considering a smaller one in a different color.

I just received a medium petrol Stroke Me. It is quite a bit smaller than the large Stroke Me but seems to be a nice size for essentials plus room for extras like a book. I don't have a comparison photo of the two sizes side by side but have pics. of them separately to get an idea. Maybe because it's bigger and has been broken in, the large wine bag slouches quite a bit more, which makes it appear smaller than it is.

The only thing I'm not loving about the petrol bag is that there are quite a few white dots on the leather on the front near the bottom (see pics.). I tried to use a bit of apple care conditioner to see if I could clean something off the surface but there was no change in the marks. It looks like they might be slight indents or spots where the dye didn't take. I sent some pics. (similar to 4th one) to Jackie, who said (paraphrasing) that some cow skin has marks, that they don't use a coating that would cover up natural marks, and that they use leather that may have marks rather than leather that is more uniform because it has more character rather than looking artificial.

The wine Stroke Me does have some lighter areas and color variation that looks natural, but IMO does not detract from the beauty of the bag, and may be considered to add character. However, I think that the white spots on the petrol bag are a bit too "natural" for me.

Has anyone seen anything like this on BE (or other) bags? Do you think it will lessen with time? I really love the color, style, and details on this bag and I keep taking it out thinking maybe it isn't so bad, but so far have not felt like I wanted to carry it.

Attachments

• winestrokeme2hang.JPG
    winestrokeme2hang.JPG
    190.2 KB · Views: 103
  • petrol1fronthang.JPG
    petrol1fronthang.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 129
  • petrol2front.JPG
    petrol2front.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 107
  • petrol3spots.JPG
    petrol3spots.JPG
    187.6 KB · Views: 105
Could you post a pic to show the size of the medium when you're wearing it?
And those white dots should not be there. They look like they were a mistake which should be enough for a return, whether that's the intended look or not.

Here you go -- the pics. show the difference between the large and medium sizes.

Attachments

• 5petrolstrokemearm.JPG
    5petrolstrokemearm.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 3,496
  • 4petrolstrokemeshoulder3.JPG
    4petrolstrokemeshoulder3.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 3,429
  • 3petrolstrokemeshoulder2.JPG
    3petrolstrokemeshoulder2.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 130
  • 2petrolstrokemeshoulder1.JPG
    2petrolstrokemeshoulder1.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 283
  • 1winestsrokemewear.JPG
    1winestsrokemewear.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 3,450
I really like the smaller bag. Do you know the dimensions? What type of top closure does it have? I'm sorry about the white spots...that would bother me, too:sad:

ETA: How is the shoulder drop? Does it stay on your shoulder pretty well?

Here are approx. dimensions:
Height from bottom to bottom of "V" on top - 11.5"
Width at widest point - 15"
Depth at bottom - 5" (it's flat on top and I think would flatten out on the bottom with use)
Drop - 8.5"
It's quite comfortable on the shoulder. It seems that one strap tends to go on top of the other since they're flat.
I really like the style and agree it's too bad about the spots.
Hope that helps!

I returned it. Too bad, because it was a very nice bag. Maybe with the leather softening over time it wouldn't have been as noticeable, but for that much $ I just didn't feel happy with it.

Okay, I'm treating this as the general "Stroke Me" thread. At the request of a fellow poster, I have taken pics. wearing the wine Stroke Me filled. The first pics. shows the bag empty and the second is filled with wallet, HH caryall case, appointment book, magazine, water bottle, and sweater. It really doesn't look all that stuffed and could definitely hold more.

Attachments

• SMwinewearempty.JPG
    SMwinewearempty.JPG
    191.3 KB · Views: 84
  • SMwinewearfilled.JPG
    SMwinewearfilled.JPG
    185.4 KB · Views: 139