Belated Reveal

nunnla

Bonafide Bag Hag
Jun 20, 2007
Moon sent me these pictures to post for her - never did do a "reveal" on them. They are both gold and are "Marco Antonio" (Take Me Away) and "Cleopatra" (Full size RM). As you can see, they are sitting together on their "throne" in all their splendor. These pictures also demonstrate the size of the RM (the Take Me Away is BE's largest travel bag). I love the furniture pieces ... like a slice out of the victorian era. A befitting posing location for these regal bags that just happen to come from a UK brand.

Attachments

• RM and TMA Gold 2 (2).JPG
    RM and TMA Gold 2 (2).JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 113
  • RM and TMA Gold 2.JPG
    RM and TMA Gold 2.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 108
WOW...beautiful bags!! And They do look like they are on top of the Goldie throne!

Wonder if Moonie's believed Goldie is worried about competition?

Larke, thanks for posting these! I got that throne chair at an auction in Fort Worth a bit over a year ago. It looked so medieval to me. I love old, old, royal-like things! Obe, you are very right in that Goldie is usually in that chair! Goldie is everywhere. I'm telling y'all, she's become alive. No longer is she created of mere leather, threads, and metals. There exists a beating heart inside her fuchsia depths. I do believe the Echandia fairies brought her to life for me.

Actually Moonie, that's your secret Echandia Elf hiding out in there. Does make me want to drag out my speck of gold and give her a carry (MMS Midi).

NUNNIPINNY! You need to show Obedbo your MMS midi in mottled gold! I KNEW SOMEONE HAD ONE! She's looking to buy some gold, and was thinking of the MMS midi! Obe, are you seeing this, honeysweet?

:woohoo::woohoo:

Actually Moonie, that's your secret Echandia Elf hiding out in there. Does make me want to drag out my speck of gold and give her a carry (MMS Midi).

We should start a BE Golden Girls thread and post pix of all our golden treasures. Deb, here's the mottled gold MMS Midi (and her matching "kissy").

Attachments

• TPF MMS-Front.JPG
    TPF MMS-Front.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 69
  • TPF Modeling.JPG
    TPF Modeling.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 83
  • TPF Front.jpg
    TPF Front.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 63
  • TPF Interior.jpg
    TPF Interior.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 58
Yes, his insides are made of caramel! So are Cleopatra's! I chose brass hardware, as I love its million-dollar luster. I will get some close-ups of their majesties. I also need to get my Choco Crash Stroke Me up here. I had Marco (the man, Marco, not the bag) hang my BE tags with chain instead of leather, and the brass chain and little fixture he made look so amazing next to the Choco Crash. That bag is also caramel-lined, and you know how the Stroke Me exposes its lining to such beautiful advantage! I actually had a lady ask me about that bag. I bet she wished she had not asked. I talked about Belen Echandia until all the spit in my mouth dried up. I got that lady's phone number, though, so I can call her to finish telling her. I was studying some of my Echandias the other day, and I do believe that if I didn't know their prices myself, I would think many of them cost over $1K. If you have not seen the brass next to the caramel lining, you need to. Then add a richly saturated leather... Well, that's why some of these bags we have look like they cost a fortune. The careful combinations of the metals, linings, leather texture and color all meld together like, well, this is when I start using words like "magic" and such, because I don't know other words that can describe such richness.

I love the chair!!..and it suits the bags so great ;)

Do you have any close-ups of Marco?? You mentioned you chose caramel lining with the Gold.

Here's Moon's choco crash SM. Note the little brass chain on the BE tag. This really makes me anxious to get my choco crash Covet Me.

Attachments

• Choco Crash SM-Caramel lining.JPG
    Choco Crash SM-Caramel lining.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 98
  • Choco Crash SM-chain.JPG
    Choco Crash SM-chain.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 78
How clever to add the chain! It does add a little more to the overall deluxe feeling of the bag!..and yes, absolutely the lining IS a great part of this bag!

BTW Moonie..I can see you talking to this innocent lady..omg..poor thing-she had no clue what she went into..LOL..and now stalking her by phone..more LOL! But I should not laugh so much! I went to a dinner party some weeks ago, and the poor man to my right, who turned out to be a former bag- designer, got his share of BE bags too!! I had him inspect and touch and smell and carry my Black Inspire me..LOL..Poor man ;)

As a bag designer himself, what did he think of your BE? Did you ask him if he wanted to bite it too? You should tell Junie this story!

How clever to add the chain! It does add a little more to the overall deluxe feeling of the bag!..and yes, absolutely the lining IS a great part of this bag!

BTW Moonie..I can see you talking to this innocent lady..omg..poor thing-she had no clue what she went into..LOL..and now stalking her by phone..more LOL! But I should not laugh so much! I went to a dinner party some weeks ago, and the poor man to my right, who turned out to be a former bag- designer, got his share of BE bags too!! I had him inspect and touch and smell and carry my Black Inspire me..LOL..Poor man ;)

Haha..well I might as well have asked hime to bite the bag! My DIL was also attending this event, and she had her Clutch me in Python with her..but did not see it much that evening, because I pestered him with this one too! He was very , very impressed by the bags, and could not at first believe the bags were completely made in Italy! The workshops there would take around $260 to $350 to produce a bag, then you must add the transport cost to the store etc. etc. So very few bag designers chose to have bags made there at all ;)
He had been dealing a lot with China, and knew all the major brands had most of their bags produced there...and knew the cost price as well! So he could not understand how people could buy bags with these astronomical prices they have in the stores!! But otherwise more and more bags are produced in East Europe..like Poland.
He really liked the leathers.. the Black shimmer and Python..told me it was top quality! And the work with the bags was also tip-top!
So the bags wandered from hand to hand..and I was smiling like the Cheshire cat, when this man totally dissed a bag another lady was wearing..a very well-known, very expensive brand!..Ok, I was mean!