Belaia Men's Pochette - Durable?

marcxjacobs

Nov 2, 2012
I am definitely considering buying this, but I am concerned about the quality of it. Would I still be able to use this 10 years down the road?

Will the TAIGA leather hold up?
Will the "silvery BRASS pieces" tarnish/peel? That would seriously ruin the look.

I've just read so much about the decline in quality of LV that I just need a bit of reassurance.
Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-01-14 at 12.23.21 AM.png
    Screen shot 2013-01-14 at 12.23.21 AM.png
    281.4 KB · Views: 334
It's beautiful. I don't know about the hardware tarnishing, possibly not because I find that the more costly items tend to have higher quality zipper pulls etc. I've had discolouration on my clés but never on my Zippy wallet which was four times the price.

Taiga is very good quality leather so I think you can rest assured that it will stand the test of time. You may have to have the hardware replaced eventually if it does fade or chip and if that bothers you.

Thank you for your reassuring comments.

What is LV like when you need such "after-service" treatments?
Is it actually possible to replace hardware?? I was not aware of that, I hope so?

I have a couple pieces. The leather tends to crease where there are pressure points, and the dye on the leather begins to crack / peel a bit- but these bags are 5 and 7 years old and they're messenger bags.

Thank you! Those sound like they would go through a little more roughing than a pochette. And after 5-7 years I wouldn't mind an issue like that so much. That sounds like something they could repair with ease.

marcxjacobs said:
Thank you! Those sound like they would go through a little more roughing than a pochette. And after 5-7 years I wouldn't mind an issue like that so much. That sounds like something they could repair with ease.

They can't I asked lol

Anything can be fixed...for a price.
Also unlike the vachetta leather used on the monogram line, taiga doesn't wrinkle, change colour and look horrid with a couple of years. Although it can scratch :S

I think there's been some confusion here. The hardware CAN be replaced - the leather, if it cracks, cannot. Same for LV canvas - once it's cracked LV won't entertain repairs of any sort.

OP, I'm sure this item will last. LV leather is very good quality.