Being Mary Jane with Gabrielle Union on BET

I couldn't figure out if this was a movie or series. The show is captivating and interesting. I can't wait to see more!

Me too!!! They've actually promoted this as both... But haven't watched anything past a first episode which seemed like an unfinished film so I'm still confused

I couldn't figure out if this was a movie or series. The show is captivating and interesting. I can't wait to see more!

It was a movie, to test to see if it wil be a regular series. The test worked and now it will be a series in January.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/22/being-mary-jane-premiere-date/

BET’s first original scripted drama now has a launch date: Being Mary Jane will have its series debut on Tuesday, Jan. 7 at 10 p.m. and below EW has a first-look clip.
Being Mary Jane made a big splash on BET this summer in its previous incarnation as a 90-minute pilot / original movie. The film and series is created by Mara Brock Akil (The Game) and follows the life of Mary Jane Paul (Gabrielle Union) an independent and successful TV news anchor who is struggling to balance life, love, career and family.
The film version was paired with The Game last July and delivered 4 million viewers and a 2.0 rating among adults 18-49 — extremely impressive for a basic cable network’s first drama series effort. The telecast topped everything on cable the night of its premiere. Then last month, BET reportedly ordered a second season of the show even though the first season hasn’t yet debuted.

Mara Brock Akil does it again! I still feel so much goodwill toward her because of Girlfriends.

I loved the original cast with Jill Marie Jones!

I can't watch with Gabrielle....she's an automatic channel changed for me.

Hmm, she is constantly cast as unlikeable characters.

I'll have to watch this series in January. I guess I should probably watch the movie first though. lol

Yes! Its around the corner :smile:

I was. I like it better than scandal. They have too many twist and turns I can't keep up so I tune out. I'm loving that we seem have more black women that going to be in leads in dramas.

Great episode tonight and I like music they play on the show too. I also like some of the wardrobe even MJ's PJs when she was at her friends house. Mara Hoffman?