Being fickle about the Santa Monica Clutch

Oct 9, 2006
I have this rose ballerine beauty and I have a love/hate relationship with it. I've only used it twice outside the house cos when i wear it crossbody, the chain makes a clacking noise against the bag. But if I stuff the chain inside the bag, you can't zip it all the way up. But if I wear it on my shoulder, it 'falls' funny. But it's just such a pretty bag. On the fence about selling it. What do you gals and guys think about this bag?

Attachments

• 20151115_203956.jpg
    20151115_203956.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 375
I love the shape of Santa Monica clutch and its such a pretty bag..I was immediately drawn to this bag ever since it came out and I have it on my wishlist ever since but cant seem to pull the trigger on it bc the way that chain is designed really bothers me..sorry im no help here.. basically I love the bag without the way that chain hangs out so it all depends how much the chain bothers you

I bought this in noir a few weeks ago and returned it. I LOVEt the shape of the actual bag, but I also would wear it cross body and the chain bugged me!! I was beginning to think it looked heavy metal-ish 😁

While it is a beautiful bag the chemistry just doesn't seem to be there. Are there any designs, and it doesn't have to just be LV, that catch your attention and that you feel would be more functional for your lifestyle...if so then maybe selling is the way to go and use the proceeds to fund your next purchase.

I considered purchasing this bag in the new gold color but those were the exact reasons I passed. Even my SA said he didn't like those things about it..he was actually the one to show me how you can't close the bag if you place the chain inside. Which then brings the issue with the name...how is it a clutch if you can't remove or hide all the straps?
It is gorgeous but I've learned to be patient with LV...they either update bags or create new ones that are more functional.
If you're not using it and not ok with having it on your shelf just to look at, I say sell.

I have this rose ballerine beauty and I have a love/hate relationship with it. I've only used it twice outside the house cos when i wear it crossbody, the chain makes a clacking noise against the bag. But if I stuff the chain inside the bag, you can't zip it all the way up. But if I wear it on my shoulder, it 'falls' funny. But it's just such a pretty bag. On the fence about selling it. What do you gals and guys think about this bag?

Why don't you just remove the chain? Would it be possible? On the favorite it's sure possible[emoji4][emoji108]🏼 Later, if you do decide to sell her, you could re-attach it or just get a replacement one, shouldn't cost a lot... GLD

Why don't you just remove the chain? Would it be possible? On the favorite it's sure possible[emoji4][emoji108]🏼 Later, if you do decide to sell her, you could re-attach it or just get a replacement one, shouldn't cost a lot... GLD

I've heard of people removing the chain, but my OCD side doesn't like to hack it from its original form =P (The chain is only removable on one end...so odd)

I love the shape of Santa Monica clutch and its such a pretty bag..I was immediately drawn to this bag ever since it came out and I have it on my wishlist ever since but cant seem to pull the trigger on it bc the way that chain is designed really bothers me..sorry im no help here.. basically I love the bag without the way that chain hangs out so it all depends how much the chain bothers you

I bought this in noir a few weeks ago and returned it. I LOVEt the shape of the actual bag, but I also would wear it cross body and the chain bugged me!! I was beginning to think it looked heavy metal-ish 😁

While it is a beautiful bag the chemistry just doesn't seem to be there. Are there any designs, and it doesn't have to just be LV, that catch your attention and that you feel would be more functional for your lifestyle...if so then maybe selling is the way to go and use the proceeds to fund your next purchase.

I considered purchasing this bag in the new gold color but those were the exact reasons I passed. Even my SA said he didn't like those things about it..he was actually the one to show me how you can't close the bag if you place the chain inside. Which then brings the issue with the name...how is it a clutch if you can't remove or hide all the straps?
It is gorgeous but I've learned to be patient with LV...they either update bags or create new ones that are more functional.
If you're not using it and not ok with having it on your shelf just to look at, I say sell.

thanks for all your thoughts. I wish I came to my senses when I still could return it, but that color really drew me in. haha.
I think I'll sell it. :thinking:

I've heard of people removing the chain, but my OCD side doesn't like to hack it from its original form =P (The chain is only removable on one end...so odd)

I understand. Although I do think if you would love the bag without the chain, just get rid of it. Also it's not like you're really altering the bag since it would be something reversible (as opposed to e.g painting on a canvas bag) I just did this to my favorite and if I get tired of it I'll just remove them again [emoji6]
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1447790891.361150.jpg